• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Low Profile Video Cards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vio1

Hi,
I have a HP slimline s3330f computer and i recently got GTA4 and i love the game, but my computer is not capable of playing this at any real nice settings.

The card i have in there is a 8500gt low profile (as nothing else will fit).

Anyone have any experience with low profile cards?
Ive seen a 9400 gt for sale... is this considerably better? it has double the ram.
What about the 9600gt low profile? Its considerably more, but would it be worth it?

Any other options (besides getting a new computer)?

The card i have in there is a 8500gt low profile (as nothing else will fit).

Anyone have any experience with low profile cards?
Ive seen a 9400 gt for sale... is this considerably better? it has double the ram.
What about the 9600gt low profile? Its considerably more, but would it be worth it?

The current 9600 GT requires additional power (6 pin PCIe plug). 9400 GT would not be an upgrade.

Perhaps wait for the next iteration of the 9600 GT. Just Google "9600 gt green" to read about it. It draws less power and does not need the additional power plug.

Out of curiosity, can one underclock the 9600 GT and run it without the PCI-E power plug? I remember some older cards can do this.

I have a 9600 GT... but not really in the mood of trying it out.

Back