• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P6t Deluxe, or EVGA EVGA 132-BL-E758-A1?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Methal

Getting a new i7 in about a week, or less. I've got to decide between these two boards. Which would you get? I don't initially plan on overclocking my i7 as of yet. I will later on though.

Which is faster/better?

I would recommend the evga board over the asus one. I actually have neither, I have the Gigabyte Ud5 (which is actually a really solid option as well). The reason I would choose the EVGA is because it seems like people have been saying better things about it and because of evga's excellent support. You can go on the evga site and everything is actually in ENGLISH, including forums with some very helpful members.. Not to mention evga's lifetime warranty is pretty nice. Even though my gigabyte board is really solid, I wish gigabyte had the support that evga does, gigabytes website is similar to Asus' in that it is very poorly made and full of errors/misspellings.

I've run the Asus P6T Deluxe, EVGA X58, and the Gigabyte UD5. I ended up with the Gigabyte board because at the time it was the only board that would sleep at overclock speed are reliably wake up. The EVGA board has a nicer layout for add-on cards, imo, but the main problem with the EVGA board is that it was released with a rather immature BIOS. Consequently, I had more headaches overclocking it than the other two. EVGA is working fast to correct a lot of those problems, and I'll try the board again in a week or two, but for now I've been mighty happy with the Gigabyte. I have two i7 920 cpus, and my ability to overclock on all three mobos using 1.4volts for cores or less has been relatively similar. Both cpus overclock to a 191 or 192 bus x 21 (turbo enabled) on all three mobos.

I'm in the same boat. I'm debating the EVGA X58 and the ASUS P6T Deluxe. From everthing I've read its a toss up. My prospective build:

i7 920
EVGA gtx 285( which edition should I get?)
EVGA X58 or the ASUS P6T Deluxe?
WD Caviar black 1tb x 3
G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Vista ultimate 64
ZALMAN CNPS9900LED 120mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler
Corsair 1000w HX
Antec 1200 case

Suggestions???

My opinion, I'd go with the EVGA, as I've heard great things about both boards and EVGA has a lifetime warranty for products ending in 'A1' (the X58 mobo is one of those). Also, I believe the Asus board has a v1 and a v2, where the v2 is actually missing something - but I don't recall what (some hardware component).

My opinion, I'd go with the EVGA, as I've heard great things about both boards and EVGA has a lifetime warranty for products ending in 'A1' (the X58 mobo is one of those). Also, I believe the Asus board has a v1 and a v2, where the v2 is actually missing something - but I don't recall what (some hardware component).

Thanks for you input. If I go with the EVGA X58 can it be upgraded to the EVGA Classified when in comes out?

My Asus rampage is in RMA status so I am running an EVGA x58 SLI board. Both boards are good overclockers. The big difference from ASUS to EVGA is the bios feature and temps with the stock motherboard cooling. From my experience ASUS wins both.

My Evga will not recover if you set something wrong in the bios, it will just loop constantly until you turn it off. This is a PITA . Also there is no built in Bios flashing tool for EVGA so you will be doing manual flashes in Dos unless you wont to gamble with windows flashing.(my advice dont)

The VReg temps on the EVGA run extremly hot once you get over 4.0 ghz. At 4.2ghz my temps hit 100c with the stock cooling. I had to jury rig a fan over the mosfet cooler to calm it down.

All that said my, EVGA board will OC(stable 12 hr prime run) my chip about 80-100mhz higher than the ASUS and the board will be eligable for Step-up to the Classified edition which I will do.

Asus easy bios and flashing and OC. EVGA a little higher OC and a lot more work.

I had a MSI X58 Eclipse SLI. It blew out one of the Ram slots so i decided to buy the EVGA X58. I can honestly tell you that the MSI board was better than the EVGA board. The thing that killed it for me on the EVGA board was the layout. I didnt like it at all. The top 2 PCI-E slots are too close together, SATA ports were too far down. The classified should be alot better board though. But if i buy another board im going to buy the MSI board again.

Back