• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New to Team 32, F@H GPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cutler

Registered
Hey all. I'm not new to this whole F@H thing, but then again I've been out of it since around 2002. Anyway, I've got the GPU core up and running, with FahMon. Currently on this wu (384 point gromac) Fahmon is saying I'll be doing ~3100ppd. Is this decent for a HD4850? I'm slightly overclocked (680/1080) and I'm just wondering if theres anything I can do to boost my ppd.

TIA

I've been thinking about dual-booting Ubuntu for a while, though last time I tried was years ago.

Now, with just the GPU client operating, my CPU is at around 50% load. If I VM as well as run the GPU client, will I lose efficiency or will the VM client just "take up the slack" so-to-speak?

Don't dual boot, run VMware, basicly run a ubuntu machine inside windows.. unfortunately thre isn't a way to fold on an ATI card in ubuntu Yet.. And if you set the virtual machine to a low priority in windows, it won't starve the gpu client.

Thanks benbaked, I was looking for something like that :)

Up til now I haven't messed around with OCing the GPU much, now that it's crunching I think I'll strip it down and apply some AS5 and see if I can't get these temps down a bit. Currently it's around 24ºC ambient in this room, and the core is at around 60ºC.

Don't dual boot, run VMware, basicly run a ubuntu machine inside windows.. unfortunately thre isn't a way to fold on an ATI card in ubuntu Yet.. And if you set the virtual machine to a low priority in windows, it won't starve the gpu client.

Gotcha, I'll check that out.

Back