• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case cooling question?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mwtbdltr

Registered
I want by how much my temps could would go down with better case cooling{my current case is without any fans,only psu fan}.I have a
q8200 at 57C idle 72 loAD
gtx260 at 49C idle 78 loAD
mobo temp unknown :screwy:

sorry for my spelling.
cpu is not overclocked yet
gpu neither
hd temp is 36C

I want by how much my temps could would go down with better case cooling{my current case is without any fans,only psu fan}.I have a
q8200 at 57C idle 72 loAD
gtx260 at 49C idle 78 loAD
mobo temp unknown :screwy:

There's no way to say. Anything is better then no fans. Why don't you just add some high cfm fans to your current case

Cant stand noise, was looking at adding low rpm 120mm fans at least two of them.
Could that mean a 10C difference or what?
And I think I'm within safe temps.

What kind of cooler do you have for your cpu? And what is your video cards fan set too?

At least an exhaust fan.
Once I forget to turn on my Noctua @700 RPM exhaust fan (after playing with Speedfan) and I start wondering why I have 5°C more on GPU and ~10°C on CPU (Ninja fanless on CPU and Accelero S1 with Nexus @700 RPM on GPU). P182 case with top fan removed and remaing hole sealed.

cpu cooler=Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro 92mm
video card fan=default 40
As good as your cpu cooler is, it cannot do the job alone my friend. Put at least 2 120s in there to help the air flow around the case and out the back. These are good fans here, and they are low db also. Yate Loon D12SM http://www.xoxide.com/yate-loon-mediumspeed-120.html

As for your gpu fan, I have mine at 50% and it isnt really that loud at all. Plus, the addition of a few case fans will help the gpu temps also.

For 11 bucks that's great bang for the buck, i hope two of those reduce temps by a sizable margin.

Back