• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Madshrimps Fan Round Up (low noise oriented)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IKIKUINTHENUTZ

jmke recently posted up his review on comparing 35 fans for low noise situations

Today we have large roundup for 120mm fans in store for you; we are testing 19 newcomers and comparing them to 16 older 120mm fans. As always we will keep things to the point, without too much fluff and lots of raw data, analyzed and cut into sections to help you make an informed decision when you’re looking for new 120mm fan.

http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=getarticle&number=1&artpage=3941&articID=892

Enjoy - Discuss

Nexus fans are in the list, their OEM is curved blade Yate Loons with a tiny resistor. Nexus results can be used for YL

Pretty comprehensive - although as always, you have to take methodology into account when making a final decision.

For example, using a Scythe Zipang, which has extremely closely-spaced fin, defenitly favors fans that can provide more pressure.

I am surprised the slipstream did so well and the noctuas despite the price were left behind. I guess I stick with the 800RPM slipstream for a while.

Back