• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sensors off but dont know which ones

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stampy

got my q8200 a little bit ago and ive just started messing with it. but ive got a temp difference that is present idle and loaded and i would like to know which sensor to trust? the volts are to high i know, ill back them down when i know this is stable and go from there.

oc2.jpg

sensor 0 idles in the mid 40s so i dont think that one is right. sensor 1 is in the lower 40s still seems to high, sensor 2 and 3 are right in the mid 30s so I'm leaning more toward them

you can run a sensor test and it will give you a full range of temps at various loads. you can then see which sensors are more sensitive.

I have two sensors on my i7 920 that are more sensitive than the other two. They are lower than the others when idle and higher than the others under full load.

What I ended up doing was just making some small calibration adjustments to make the sensors more even under full load.

It is also possible that your CPU cooler is only making partial contact with the CPU.

you can run a sensor test and it will give you a full range of temps at various loads. you can then see which sensors are more sensitive.

I have two sensors on my i7 920 that are more sensitive than the other two. They are lower than the others when idle and higher than the others under full load.

What I ended up doing was just making some small calibration adjustments to make the sensors more even under full load.

It is also possible that your CPU cooler is only making partial contact with the CPU.

Sensor 0 and 1 are 10c off every where when tested with realtemps cool down test. And theres really no way that my cpu heat sink is making partial contact with my custom mount on it its cranked down real tight.

im going to adjust sensor 0 and 1, they seem to be a bit slow

Back