• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Concerning Vista Updates

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RollingThunder

Destroyer of Trolls & Spammers
I have installed MS Office 2003 but I don’t use and didn’t install Access, Powerpoint, Publisher, Works or Outlook so consequently I don’t install those updates when notified. Of course you’re constantly nagged that those updates are available.

Is there a reason to install them or is there a way to turn off the nags for updates for programs that are not installed or are they core updates that need to be installed anyhow? Otherwise I always remain current with all other updates.

Disable Microsoft Update and instead use Windows Update... Start | Control Panel | Windows Update | Change settings | Uncheck "Use Microsoft Update".

Disable Microsoft Update and instead use Windows Update... Start | Control Panel | Windows Update | Change settings | Uncheck "Use Microsoft Update".

Red, and "poof," it's gone! Thank you. ;)

Back