• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Foxconn a6vmx audio issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TKR99

I've just upgraded to this board and overall extremely happy with it, but then given where I was coming from (an ancient ASRock board), that wasn't too hard.

However, one thing I have noticed, and just wanted to get a bit of input on, is the onboard sound. I'm very into my audio - not just because I like loud music, but also because I do online audio typing and require a decent vol to be able to hear the files clearly. I'd expected this board to be a blaster in comparison to my older one, but was utterly shocked at the quality of the onboard sound on it - unbelievably low despite everything I could find up full blast! I had no choice but to switch to a soundcard to be able to do my work, but am still keen to utilise the former if at all possible - does anyone know if this is a generic issue with all mobos irrespective of type/cost, or is there any way I can somehow improve on the situation. I know zilch about sound modulation but I often wonder why it is that there isn't some other mechanism than the software controls, to use in order to push up the volume higher than whatever it's been "set" at. Thankfully, my cheapie C-media soundcard is doing an excellent job, so I'm not stuck - just curious. :)

Back