• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help interpreting Prime95 Error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

veraxtek

Registered
I havebeen running Prime 95 for about 5 hours on my PII 940. When I looked at it a few hours ago, I see this error on Worker#1 http://v3rax.com/prime.jpg. When I came back to look at, this is what I saw.

Does this mean I have a bad Phenom?

Sounds like the o/c is failed on that core. I havent o/c a PhII, but sounds like it needs more cpuv.

Sounds like the o/c is failed on that core. I havent o/c a PhII, but sounds like it needs more cpuv.

Thanks for the input and it makes sense. I have my vcore at 1.5v now and I am not sure how high I can go safely on this CPU.

Thanks for the input and it makes sense. I have my vcore at 1.5v now and I am not sure how high I can go safely on this CPU.

Well, I decided to reset the BIOS and make it stock, no overclock at all.

I then ran the Prime 95 tests again, and within 7 minuites, the same area failed again.

Should I assume that one of the cores is bad?

This is what it says in the little window

Possible hardware failure, consult readme.txt file, restarting test.
ERROR: ILLEGAL SUMOUT
Maximum number of warnings exceeded.

No, I meant what test are you running that it is failing? Under the Torture test you have 3 options. Small FFT, Large FFT, and blend.

Are you just starting the program and thats it? Thats not how it works...!!

Thats more ram than anything, you may want to go back to stock and manually input the voltages and timings and see if that works.

I would also try, on stock speeds mind you, running Memtest86 to test the ram.

Thats more ram than anything, you may want to go back to stock and manually input the voltages and timings and see if that works.

I would also try, on stock speeds mind you, running Memtest86 to test the ram.

OK< so as far as running Prime 95 - Which "Toture Test" Shoud I run? (small FTT) (Large FTT( or Custom)? and if custom, what shoudl I make it test?

Small FFT = CPU mostly.

Blend = system a little ram, a little.

Memtest86 = RAM.

Thanks for all the help, now I have a stupid question.

This is my first AMD build. When I install 2 sticks of RAM, do I put BOTH sticks in the same color slots, or one in one color and the other in the other color. My Gigabyte has 2 orange and 2 yellow. How should it be installed?

Back