• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[out of Stock]SENNHEISER HD 280PRO $74.00

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've had these for years, and I've really enjoyed them. Got them for $100 I think.

Only thing is, after extended use they tend to make my ears hurt a little. Maybe they are irregularly shaped? :-/

Another happy owner of these headphones here. I use them to mix music and spend hours with these on with no discomfort. Sound quality for ~$100 is exceptional, can't see spending hundreds more on the 'next best' headphones. These outperform my supposedly better AKG headphones which rarely see use now that I have these Sennheisers.

I've had these for years, and I've really enjoyed them. Got them for $100 I think.

Only thing is, after extended use they tend to make my ears hurt a little. Maybe they are irregularly shaped? :-/

your ear or the phones? :beer:

For those that own and mix with it, how are they for dance/electronica? Gaming with surround sound?

The only real reference I have is the audio-technica's I have in my signature.

my brother has these and i have the hd202's and the 280s were much more comfortable but i couldn't notice a difference in sound.

For those that own and mix with it, how are they for dance/electronica? Gaming with surround sound?

I've done some techno and overall the bass on these kick some major butt. They're just really great headphones all around.

One thing to note is that I ended up getting a preamp for these as the output on my Logitech 5.1 PC speakers just barely drove them, and defintely didn't drive them loud enough for my needs.

I've done some techno and overall the bass on these kick some major butt. They're just really great headphones all around.

One thing to note is that I ended up getting a preamp for these as the output on my Logitech 5.1 PC speakers just barely drove them, and defintely didn't drive them loud enough for my needs.

Link to your preamp? I'm planning to just plug straight from soundcard to headphones.

I've compared both and your audio-technicas AD700 beat the HD 280 Pro. Especially in electronica and surround sound. The HD280Pro's sacrifice a bit of quality for being closed, and the AT's are especially designed for electronica and a wide sound stage... I've compared them to pretty much all headphones in that price range and the AT's are unmatched in those categories.

For closed cans though this is a great deal, very hard to find better ones at $74 unless used.

ive got these too, they've been at $100 for so long
very comfy, just closed ear leaves ur ears a little weird after like 5 hours

Hmm, something must be wrong with them.. Over 500 Newegg reviews and still 5 stars?

:p

edit: Oh yeah, sanitized link directly to the item for suspicious ******** like me who wonder what all the extra characters in the link mean: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826106328

Oh, I didn't realize... sorry for that. I used a link off the e-mail Newegg sent me. I'll use your link to replace mines.

I've compared both and your audio-technicas AD700 beat the HD 280 Pro. Especially in electronica and surround sound. The HD280Pro's sacrifice a bit of quality for being closed, and the AT's are especially designed for electronica and a wide sound stage... I've compared them to pretty much all headphones in that price range and the AT's are unmatched in those categories.

For closed cans though this is a great deal, very hard to find better ones at $74 unless used.

Are there any other headphones you've tried/owned that are comparable AD700's? I agree with you on it being closed cans, I normally prefer open but I only looked at it twice due to price drop.

Last edited:
Link to your preamp? I'm planning to just plug straight from soundcard to headphones.

Been so long since I bought it... probably easier just to look on google for 'headphone preamp' or 'headphone amp'. Should be about $30 with multiple outputs and individual volume controls for each output.

Been so long since I bought it... probably easier just to look on google for 'headphone preamp' or 'headphone amp'. Should be about $30 with multiple outputs and individual volume controls for each output.

Any tips or specifications I should look for in an entry level amp? Good to know for future reference if I really 'need' one. Thanks.

Back