• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Your Recommendations for a massive monitor

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

itshondo

I'll be buying a Hanns·G HG-281DPB Black 28" monitor soon, and I'm sure that my fanless Gigabyte 8600GT will not be able to handle the 1920 x 1200 native resolution in a gaming enviroment (UT2003).

My 6600 is overclocked at 3.4 ghz, have 2 gb of memory in my Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3.

My problem- limited funds, looking to keep the upgrade under $150.

I also want to stay with a Nvidia card (non-SLI).

So, would a 9800 GT/GTX/GTX+ be sutible?

Recommendations?

Thanks -

It'll work just fine. You won't be able to max out Crysis, but for that you'd need to drop a few grand anyways. You should be able to run most games at med-high settings at that rez w/ 2xAA. I've been running at 1920x1200 (same monitor) on my 4850 w/o issues, but just got a GTX 280 yesterday...haven't had a chance to try it yet.

You could also spring for a bit more and get the MSI GTX 260 that's going for $180 AR...look in the Cyber Deals section if you're interested.

Ok, thanks for the recommendation Jason- I'll look into it.

Is it just me... or is the heat sink and fan on that PNY the wrong way round...?

Whoa!

That is weird.

:shrug:

Edit: At first I thought it was just a bad photoshoot where they had to super-glue the HS on at the last second, but reading some of the NewEgg reviews it looks like it's just poorly engineered.

Last edited:
Well, just so you know that fan blows air and it's supposed to be the other way(through the little slots/holes there). which means it'll be blowing hot air inside your computer and not outside like it's supposed to be.

PS: If you play UT 2003 or GOTY, the card you have can handle it, I'm 82% sure. But anyways get the 9800 GTX+, you will love it.

Last edited:
^^ What Douken said.. I also like Jason's suggestion for the GTX260, the extra video memory will help out with some of the more intensive games. If you can afford a little extra, go with a 260.

I have the I-INC 28" (i think its the same thing as yours just a different name), and I am planning to use a evga gtx 285. Just got it yesterday, haven't ran it yet on the new system since I am waiting on parts.

Think I'll just keep an eye on the 260s & GTX+ cards for 10 days or so -

that second heatsink is a little better... how can PNY screw up that bad? surely someone would have noticed that....

I am still researching.

I may go with the Hanns G 28" or a 26 inch.

Just got my Hanns G yesterday. Its fricking amazing! I recommend it to anyone.

I hooked it up to my desktop and to my 360 last night! AMAZING

Hanns G 28" DPB vs. Samsung 225bw 22"
IMG_1403.jpg

Hanns G along with the rest of my toys! :D

IMG_1404.jpg

Get it!!!

with the anticipated coming of the gtx 300 series soon the gtx 260 will be around 189 for brands like evga and 159 or less for zotac pny and msi and similar brands
well...thats my guess

Back