• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are all Nvidia chipset drivers the same?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SkiBum1207

Ok so i am planning on updating my girlfriends chipset drivers cause there are some usb issues, However I cannot remember EXACTLY what board she has. I know it is a 4 series with integrated graphics. If I downloaded a driver for the wrong but similar board would it work or would I have to get the EXACT driver?

I know gfx card drivers arent specific but just wanted to make sure.

Just look for the model # of the board and google it. That will give you the chipset. You can also d/l and run CpuZ . Open the mainboard tab and there it should have the info for your board along with what chipset it has. Then you can go to Nvidia's site and d/l the latest chipset drivers for it ;)

hahah i would...except im pretty sure my gf would get lost at cpu-z and I dont have physical access to it right now. Remote access is out of the question also as she is on dial up (i cant understand how she survives...) but thanks tho

Back