• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cuda working great!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

toomnymods

I recently installed the Cuda ap for my GTX260 card and it is crunching wu's in 2:40 to 3:20 avg.. yes that is minutes,lol

only problem is im running out of work units :/

i have it set to 10 day cache but it isnt downloading any for some reason.. any ideas??

I'm also liking the new version. my total daily average has more than doubled since SETI now supports both CPU and CUDA at the same time. In just a few days I will join the 6 digits club.

The default setting is "while computer is un use" is set to false. But I have it set to true because I wanted to keep BOINC running if all I do is check email and web sites.

If you set BOINC to run 100%, the game does run a bit slower with occasional stutters. I've only tried with WOW and WOW isn't CPU and GPU intensive as some other games like Crysis.

I am also amazed at the speed my WU's get crunched on my video cards!

I am messing with my overclock settings, and watching my WU times. But both of my cards are averaging between 4:35 and 4:48. Though, I just changed my OC settings on my cards a bit, so the times may drop by another second or two.

And each card seems to be doing WU's in the same amount of time. Which is great. and this is only with the 8800gt. Also is great, because as the OP said, his GTX260 does a WU between 2:40 and 3:20 minutes. So my two 8800gt's are doing roughly the same amount of work as a GTX260. I'd LOVE to see the speeds with a 280, or a 295.

Once I get a really good idea as to what my average speeds are on the GPU's with my OC settings, I'm going to do a few other things, such as turn off the Aero theme and such, and see if that makes a difference at all.

I remember us overclocking, and buying new processors to knock off an 1+ hours off our WU times. Then it changed to knocking off 10 - 15 minutes per WU. Now, it instantly jumped all the way to us paying attention to how many SECOND it takes. With my OC settings, It appears if I have knocked off about 20 - 25 seconds from my WU times. And if you do the math real quick, If you have 5 min WU times, and you knock off about 20 - 25 seconds from every WU...then that gives you 1 more WU every hour ( on average. )

12 WU's an hour ( at 5 min. per WU ), and knock off 20 seconds per WU ( 12 x 20 = 240 seconds which is 4 Minutes ) and if you can knock off 25 seconds per WU, that gives you a full 5 minutes, which in that case, is more than what a WU takes to compute ( on average. )

Naturally, this all depends on how often the computer is at idle, and how much your video cards are working. But you guys get the idea.

God, I love doing everything possible to run seti faster and faster.

Back