• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooler Master V10 results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dodger1

I think I might have nailed overclocking my 920; which was a real learning experience for me. The temps with the V10 look awesome, I set the spread between the CPUv and the QPIv @.25 and everything was stable after running 10, in-place large ffts, Prime95 torture tests.

3990.jpg

For some n00b reason the screen shot I had after the 10 runs with Prime95 didn't take. So the one above only shows 42 minutes but the temp results were the same.

have you tried small FFTs? because i would really like to see the real temps =p

but that is a GREAT load temp congratulations. and the HAF is pimp

I'm new at all of this but here you go.

SmallFFTs.jpg

The HAF is indeed pimp. To alleviate the dust build up I cut and installed some HEPA prefilter material in the removable front fan cage and on my lower mount PSU. I also installed a high speed 120mm exhaust fan in the bottom of the case.

BTW, what is =p?

(above) yes..please :santa:
i'm never going to get that cooler. if they make one called Coolermaster 4 cylinder Turbo...then i'l think about it...i hate V8 V10 engines...they're just disgusting :p

Here you go:

018.jpg

017.jpg

Room to spare in my HAF but the cooler does dominate the landscape. :eek:

BTW, that was taken just after the build and since then I've tidied up the cables.

I like it! Just when I thought the CPU coolers couldn't get bigger. Although you can't see it in those pictures, from the side it looks kind of stupid (imo) but from the top it looks beastly.

P.S. I'm new here. :)

I'm new at all of this but here you go.

SmallFFTs.jpg

The HAF is indeed pimp. To alleviate the dust build up I cut and installed some HEPA prefilter material in the removable front fan cage and on my lower mount PSU. I also installed a high speed 120mm exhaust fan in the bottom of the case.

BTW, what is =p?

i just relized that you were only using 1 core \ 25% that run , lol thats why your small fft temps were sooo damn low!

well..it is a V10. Coudln't you settle with a V8? they better release a Bugatti-like W16.

- The Coolermaster W16. it'd be more like Coolergod if they did have a W16.

OK, THANK YOU FOR THIS, AS i WAS JUST GETTING READY TO POST A THREAD TO SEE WHAT PEOPLES THOUGHTS WERE ON THIS FOR USE WITH AN I7 BUILD.

(oops, caps lock... too lazy to re-write... :D )

well considering the V10 is TEC, and those small fft temps were WRONG! not full 100% and this

36tepm.jpg

but i wasnt on an I7 lol , ill get my I7 965 up but in a little once i figure this SLI problem

lol. Go water, save space, and get better temps. :D My setup doesn't break 60C even after 22 hours of small FFTs - AND I'm in CA. :beer:

man...ok what about a Coolermaster V10 fast and furious edition - pulsing fan LEDs, Neons and Nos.

i still think a TRUE with 2 Scythe S Flex 1600rpm fans would yield better temps than a V10.

Back