• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some post market cooling help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darkness12

Okay, to put it simply I'm pretty tired of buying the wrong thing.

I want to overclock my new computer setup but want to place my after market cooler in my computer before I go crazy with OC'ing but it doesn't fit.

I have a GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD3R LGA 1366 motherboard and an i& 920 CPU and bought the XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler to replace the CPU fan that came with my CPU.

The first mount I purchased was the LGA 775 bolt thru kit which was stupid of me because it only came with a mount (nothing to replace the pokers that came with my cooler) and it wasn't even the right size.

Then I purchased the Xigmatic Crossbow ACK-I7363 which came with the mount I wanted but the clips weren't designed to fit with the CPU fan I have.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or what is the RIGHT mount/clips I have to buy, I'd really like to get this puppy in my computer.

Sorry if this is a noob question, this is the first computer I've ever build :)

Okay cool, finally I will have the right mount.

Guess I will ebay the other two mounts or something :\

Back