• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Using RBE to Change HD4870 BIOS Settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SeanBest

Ok, basically I'm planning on using Linux as my main OS. For whatever reason ATI has yet to give me a way to control fan speeds on my cards in Linux, I stumbled across a minor fix, but it only works for the first card, I'm using 2 in CrossFireX. As Linux ATI drivers now allow CrossFire I'm ready to move there permanently (or at least attempt to). My question/concern is I need to flash the BIOS on my two cards to have the fan speed either a consistent higher speed or changing based on temps. I read the guides on using RBE and still do not feel comfortable making those changes. I have flashed my cards to the ASUS TOP I believe awhile back so flashing I'm ok with. I have attached the BIOS I pulled off my cards using GPU-Z. If anyone would be so kind as to tell/show me using text/images on what exactly to change I'd appreciate it greatly. I'd like to see how to set them to both run at 50% fan speed all the time, and would also like the to see how to have the fan speed change based on temps. I looked around and didn't find any guides that really made me feel more comfortable, but if anyone has some good links please feel free to post those as well.

THANKS to all in advance!

Attachments

• RV770.zip
    43.4 KB · Views: 97
Here's the fan speed adjustment the way I do it. It seemed to work on my Sapphire 4870 1gig card.
You can compare the bios'.

Attachments

• 770modded.zip
    44.5 KB · Views: 115
Load the bios>fan settings>use look up table>threshold 00/fan speed%50>threshold 45/fan speed% 50> make the other adjustments to suit your need.

Back