• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Morgan Duron Bridges

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

flounder43

Senior Lawyer-clocker
Which bridges control the voltage on a Duron Morgan core cpu? Is it the L11's like the XP? I really need a conclusive answer to this, and have not been able to find one.
Thanks,
flounder43

I'm looking for it too. And the other bridges. Looks like you didn't get any help here. Have you found the answer yet?

Dude, you are tha man! I've been lookin' at that site, but at the other chip picture. This one looks like my morgan. We'll know tonight!

Uhhhhhhh, you may have noticed I bought another mobo and processor. 1GHz duron and the K7S5A - your fav mobo.
I couldn't pass it up. Fry's had the combo for $99.00!!! You can't beat that. And they had the thermaltake volcano 5 for $6.99. Whole nother computer for $114.75. I already had all of the other parts I needed.

Now, if changing these bridges works, I shouldn't need that unofficial bios update that I found out about in your K7S5A faq, right?

NedClocker said:
Now, if changing these bridges works, I shouldn't need that unofficial bios update that I found out about in your K7S5A faq, right?

The voltage settings will only do just that. If you are going to overclock, you will need that overclock bios, or you could use cpufsb, which you can get here. http://www.talknet.de/~podien/CPUFSB.ZIP
That prog lets you change the fsb while in windows, on the fly.

There is no multiplier option with the K7S5A...

Good luck,
flounder43

NedClocker said:
But flounder, that link you gave me, http://www.ocinside.de/index_e.html?/html/workshop/socketa/xp_painting.html, gives you not only the voltage settings, but also the multiplier settings. I know you can't change the fsb on the chip, but I should be able to get a good oc out of the multiplier setting.

The problem is, that you need to connect some bridges and disconnect other bridges on the cpu to achieve different default multipliers. People have done that, but I do not think that it is very easy to do. Ploaf has done it on a regular duron, I think.

I usually just boost the voltage up, and overclock on the fsb.

I hope it's not a big problem. We'll see how easy it is. The real pain is that, as you work your way up, you may have to close one that you just opened and visa versa.

NedClocker said:
I hope it's not a big problem. We'll see how easy it is. The real pain is that, as you work your way up, you may have to close one that you just opened and visa versa.

Bingo! That is the problem. I am too scared to try it... Maybe you can get some tips on that from ploaf.

Yeah, if you do that 3 or 4 times, it's bound to become a mess. One thing I could do is just choose a reasonable oc, like 1000 to 1100, and just go with that. Or start at 1200, and, then, if necessary, just make one (more) change to go down to 1100.

That's a good idea. I'll ask him.

flounder, a better idea just hit me. I do have a mobo that supports multiplier and voltage changes. Epox 8KTA3+. I can just put the duron in it, figure out how high it'll go using the bios settings, and then pull it out and change the bridges.

What do you think?

Of course, I know that there's no guarantee that a chip will oc as high in one board as it will in another. But it should at least give me a better idea of a good starting point.

NedClocker said:
Yeah, if you do that 3 or 4 times, it's bound to become a mess. One thing I could do is just choose a reasonable oc, like 1000 to 1100, and just go with that. Or start at 1200, and, then, if necessary, just make one (more) change to go down to 1100.

That's a good idea. I'll ask him.

LOL. Just checked this out after getting off the phone.

hey guys....................I've got a 1Ghz duron @ 1.2Ghz rock stable...............so ya sould be able to set the bridges for 1.2 and be happy..............it seems that anything over 1.25 is iffy though

flounder, L11 does control the voltage. I changed it last night.

Kendle, I'll try the setting the bridges tonight if I have time. Thanks for the input.

Back