• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus silent knight

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oYAKUZAo

hey guys, i just brough a asus silent knight 2 just before joining this forum..im not into extreme overclocking u see, where by pushing my cpu WAY over the limit. its just a 2.4 to 3.2 ghz.

but im glad this monster is doing its job and dosent give me any heat problems.

but i just need some opinion, i brough it for 85 dollars. is it worth the money? i mean, with your point of views and opinion, is the money worth the performance.

i was about to get a Thermalright 120 ultra that day, but since that day i was a first time overclocker, i jus get that silent knight 2 to test my overclock to see wather it works or not, thank god it works. but now im planing to go 3.6 or smt. on thermalright ultra. but not now, maybe 2 month down the road.

but i jus need your opinions on asus silent knight 2. please dont make me regret :p

If your located in the US you over payed for the cooler. You could have bought a TRUE and fan for the same amount.

The Asus cooler is a good mid range cooler but not a replacement for the TRUE.

C'mon ou... Says right under his name "Location: Asia" :p

You'll get just about bitter responses to every cooler except for a few here, but what it really comes down to is what works for you. You state right in your post "this monster is doing its job and dosent give me any heat problems.", so I'd say it's working fine, no need to regret getting it :)

If your located in the US you over payed for the cooler. You could have bought a TRUE and fan for the same amount.

The Asus cooler is a good mid range cooler but not a replacement for the TRUE.

im from asia by the way. the price increase due to the SHIPPINGS and TAX and some other ****. that is why. man i wish im in the US. easy life :p

and what do i expect. its just a 3.2ghz. mayb next month or so ima go for 3.6 or smt, then ill get a Thermalright 120 ultra extreme. which cost 99 dollars :'(.

so ill just stick with 3.2 from now, stable and no problems :D

Is it an AMD or Intel chip?

The TRUE on an AMD chip won't let you direct the airflow out of the back of the case. It will only point up or down. (Unless, of course, you have one of the oddball Micro ATX AM2 boards with the CPU socket sideways.)

What I'm getting at is that if it's an AMD chip, ASUS coolers are a good choice because they direct the airflow out of the back of the case.

Is it an AMD or Intel chip?

The TRUE on an AMD chip won't let you direct the airflow out of the back of the case. It will only point up or down. (Unless, of course, you have one of the oddball Micro ATX AM2 boards with the CPU socket sideways.)

What I'm getting at is that if it's an AMD chip, ASUS coolers are a good choice because they direct the airflow out of the back of the case.

dude im using intel chip, look at my system info below :). yea and im kinda lucky to be using intel tho, cause the airflow is good, the airout is facing the back of the cpu blowing out. yea. AMD is facing below.. not good airflow :(

Back