• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tuniq Tower 120 help please!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

duffman69

Registered
Tuniq Tower 120 help please! [now bought/installed]

I've been weighing up whether to buy a Tuniq Tower 120 for a while now. My only concern is that it won't fit! I have an Antec 900 case, and I am pretty confident it will fit, I have seen many other people who have this heatsink installed in this case. My worry stems from my friend who has the same case and heatsink, saying this blocked off access to some of his memory modules.

I have a Gigabyte P35C-DS3R (rev 1.0) motherboard which supports both DDR2 and DDR3. I have used all 4 DDR2 slots however with Corsair XMS ram which has spikes off the top off it making them taller than normal memory modules.

By any slim chance of fate, does anyone have the same motherboard and heatsink combo and would know if there is room for the Tuniq and 4 memory modules?

Here is a pic of my motherboard layout:

5vwtv4.jpg

And my memory modules (note my memory is in the yellow and red slots and cannot be moved)

10ejvjn.jpg

Could anyone with either the same, or similar motherboard layout and the Tuniq cooler get back to me about if you think this setup would be possible.

Thanks for any input.

Last edited:
if you mount this way it should fit, not my pic grabbed them from anandtech thread they belong to a mrfatboy :)

mm same case too ha!

p1010001hm2.jpg

p1010002wc3.jpg

Thats just what I was looking for! I didnt think I would find anyone with nearly exactly the same hardware as me to compare too. Thanks for finding those pictures, I've been Googling for a while now and not found anything useful, well, nothing specific to my hardware.

Cheers :thup:

Thats just what I was looking for! I didnt think I would find anyone with nearly exactly the same hardware as me to compare too. Thanks for finding those pictures, I've been Googling for a while now and not found anything useful, well, nothing specific to my hardware.

Cheers :thup:
=] just make sure u show pics of yours when you mount it too, so i can see =]

=] just make sure u show pics of yours when you mount it too, so i can see =]

I will do but don't hold your breathe, got to find money to order it, then find time to do it and my case is a mess it could be a long job! Ah well got a few days off work coming up will squeeze it in and show it off when done!

Thanks again

Just ordered the Tuniq Tower :) Shall post some piccies when its all installed and tidy!

It is a pain to install the Tuniq on that board, really only works well if the motherboard is out of the case. I have a P35 DS3L (almost the same layout)

IMG_4065.jpg

As you can see it is dang near impossible to get a hand in there

Yeh most people have problems whatever board just because its so big! You have to take the motherboard out anyway to fit the back plate, so I'm just going to install the Tuniq whilst its out of the case.

Hi guys, ive just installed my tuniq tower, finally got some time off work! Got it all up and running now, took everything out of my case and tidied it up. God it was dusty! Still got to put in my extra hard drives but the system is running good at the moment. Idle temps according to CoreTemp are 19-21ºC - does that sound ok?

Got loads of pics will post them at some point too

Hi guys, ive just installed my tuniq tower, finally got some time off work! Got it all up and running now, took everything out of my case and tidied it up. God it was dusty! Still got to put in my extra hard drives but the system is running good at the moment. Idle temps according to CoreTemp are 19-21ºC - does that sound ok?

Got loads of pics will post them at some point too

Temps sound really good. Put some load on it and see what it maxes out @.

Looking forward to the pics.

Temps sound really good. Put some load on it and see what it maxes out @.

Looking forward to the pics.

Will do, this has taken me all morning so taking a break for now! But yeh im going to put it through its paces over the next few days and see what it can do!

Need coffee for any job!

r77uj4.jpg

Heres a before picture, very messy and hugely dusty!

2ajnayh.jpg

Everything taken out (except PSU and optical drive)

2vvuej8.jpg

All the components ready to be dusted down!

2cy5vtj.jpg

Dirty processor

2rxfi37.jpg

Puny stock heatsink compared to Tuniq Tower 120

29zbxac.jpg

Ready to go

nckscy.jpg

The backplate to hold the HS in place

fof1hz.jpg

Last edited:
Installed

rc7oxs.jpg

2iqcx12.jpg

2mhwwup.jpg

Close up

2lml56t.jpg

Heatsink attached ready to go back in case

o7lkdl.jpg

Note, if anyone is reading this as a guide, please plug in your 4pin power supply lead to your motherboard before you put it in your case, as I didnt and its a ****ing pain to reach behind the Tuniq!

Back in the case

dmu32w.jpg

Not the best cable management, but its tidier than it was and shouldnt be as much of a problem. Going to feed some more cables through the cable tie and tighten it when I reinstall additional hard drives.

6glbfl.jpg

Power ON!

2ll0uw9.jpg

Quick screendump from Core Temp. Stock speeds at idle.

k2cokj.jpg

Last edited:
Back