Notices

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > General Discussion
General Discussion Forum for general conversation, share interests, have a laugh or discuss anything not related to above or below forums.
Forum Jump

Quality Chinese products

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Old 02-23-09, 07:28 PM Thread Starter   #1
twEEkerAreUs

Quality Chinese products

Now I know this is probably fake but still, can you imagine if something like this happened?

http://tinyurl.com/d3h46y

OCZ Platinum 3x2GB
Crucial M4 128GB SSD x2/WD Green 1TB x3
Hanns-G 28in/HIS Radeon 6950
Auzentech X-Fi Forte/Logitech Z-5500
twEEkerAreUs is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 02-23-09, 07:45 PM   #2
inkfx

You mean your desk chair has never blown up on you?

| Dell Studio17 Laptop |

| T9300 @ 2.5Ghz - ATI 3850 - 3GB RAM - Seagate 320GB 7200rpm - 17" (1920x1200) Glossy widescreen | Windows 7 64-bit |
inkfx is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 02-23-09, 07:53 PM Thread Starter   #3
twEEkerAreUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkfx View Post
You mean your desk chair has never blown up on you?
Blown up and exploded in my Anus? Nope hasn't happen yet although I'm sure if my office chair was made in China, it would be like a double edge sword. If the explosion doesn't kill you, the lead will.

OCZ Platinum 3x2GB
Old 02-23-09, 08:10 PM   #4
ghost_recon88
Senior Jedi Master
Premium Member #9

"Quality Chinese products"

Isn't that an oxymoron?

Old 02-23-09, 08:16 PM   #5
4GHZ_or_bust
Now 6GHz or Bust!

I've had a few chairs that broke off the post. Even thick 1/8" plate eventually cracked around the weld spot at the post and broke out. One of the chair claimed to hold up to 250 Kg (about 550 lbs) yet snapped off after only 3 months. I'm only 240 lbs and no way am I that heavy

After that exploding pole, I will probably stick to one that is either screw type adjust (slow but safer) or make sure it says Made in USA (and that shock post also made in USA!) easier to sue local company if it blows up into my butt.

Old 02-23-09, 08:27 PM   #6
freakdiablo

How bad is it that this was the first thing that popped into my head?

Main: MOBO: MSI P67A-G45, CPU: i7 2600k w/ VenX (4.4ghz @ 1.33v), RAM: 2x8gb Kingston HyperX Blu Red Series DDR3 1600, GFX: Galaxy GTX670 GC, PSU: OCZ 1250w ZX, CASE: Corsair 500R, HDD: 120gb Samsung 840, WD 4TB Black
Quick, Cheap, and Dirty NAS: Sempron 140, Hyper 212+ with 800RPM Scythe Slipstreams, 4gb ram, 5x2tb Hitachis in RAID5, Seasonic SSR-360GP, Antec 300, Biostar Tpower motherboard, APC BR700G UPS, Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H router (Upgrade in the works)
Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad X220 HTPC: Zotac ZBOX AD04-U w/ 6GB Samsung 1333mhz, 64GB Adata Premier Pro SP900
Protobox-1: Raspberry Pi Mod. B Rev. 2, 2.5" LCD, 12v 1A PSU, Aluminum RatShack project box, GPIO breakout board

Project 1UP || Interested in the performance of the new AMD AM1 socket? Ask me, I'll test it!
Bored of games? Nothing good on internet radio or youtube? Dont waste your GHz, find them before they find us. SETI
freakdiablo is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 02-23-09, 08:31 PM   #7
Oni
Oni-ni-Kanabō
Ninja Hippo eater Moderator

10 Year Badge

OH HOLY GOD WTF?!

/me goes to get a bar stool to sit on.

On Indefinite Hiatus

Asus P6T SE
Intel i7 930 @ Stock
12GB Corsair DDR3 9-9-9-24
XFX Radeon 5830 @ Stock
Corsair 750 Watt PSU

Oni is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 02-23-09, 08:50 PM   #8
drenader

I am only sitting on those ergonomic balls from now on

Old 02-23-09, 09:19 PM   #9
inkfx

Quote:
Originally Posted by twEEkerAreUs View Post
Blown up and exploded in my Anus? Nope hasn't happen yet although I'm sure if my office chair was made in China, it would be like a double edge sword. If the explosion doesn't kill you, the lead will.
I was being sarcastic.

This whole exploding chair business sounds like shenanigans to me.

| Dell Studio17 Laptop |

| T9300 @ 2.5Ghz - ATI 3850 - 3GB RAM - Seagate 320GB 7200rpm - 17" (1920x1200) Glossy widescreen | Windows 7 64-bit |
inkfx is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 02-23-09, 09:50 PM   #10
TommyHolly

Yeah I call shenanigans as well! There is no blood or anything? I can see him getting slightly injured but not killed. Besides, "getting killed analy" is not even proper English. It's like a 4th grader wrote it, haha.

I buy my chairs from Germany so this kind of stuff doesn't happen. "Ya know the Germans always make good stuff" heh heh

Old 02-24-09, 01:11 AM Thread Starter   #11
twEEkerAreUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkfx View Post
I was being sarcastic.

This whole exploding chair business sounds like shenanigans to me.
Haha I know I was just adding to the sarcasm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyHolly View Post
"Ya know the Germans always make good stuff" heh heh
SHAMWOW SLAPCHOP!

OCZ Platinum 3x2GB
Old 02-24-09, 01:19 AM   #12
Aynjell

Quote:
Yeah I call shenanigans as well! There is no blood or anything? I can see him getting slightly injured but not killed. Besides, "getting killed analy" is not even proper English. It's like a 4th grader wrote it, haha.

I buy my chairs from Germany so this kind of stuff doesn't happen. "Ya know the Germans always make good stuff" heh heh
lulz, at germans. They make good cars so far that I've seen. But not every german company is perfect I imaging. :\

Old 02-24-09, 01:41 AM   #13
gomerpile
Disabled

toilet paper
gomerpile is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 02-24-09, 02:10 AM   #14
4GHZ_or_bust
Now 6GHz or Bust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aynjell View Post
lulz, at germans. They make good cars so far that I've seen. But not every german company is perfect I imaging. :\
Yes, noit all German companies are perfect. They built Hindenburg... left a big flaming wreckage and lot of dead bodies in its wake.

Old 02-24-09, 06:09 AM   #15
Enablingwolf
Senior Member overclocking at the speed of plaid

10 Year Badge

Quote:
Yeah I call shenanigans as well! There is no blood or anything? I can see him getting slightly injured but not killed.

That ran through my noggin also. If he bled out like the article is saying. There would of been a bit of blood on the seat. His rump would of taken most the impact and made some blood. Unless the body flew aross the room and left the seat before any leakage happened.

Also it looks like the chair is where it happened. Where is the blood there... If he had stuff forced into his cavity. There would be some bleeding at least. As he was on the floor bleeding anus juice. Maybe even a chunk or two taken off.

No one ever expects Aloysius Snuffleupagus

Enablingwolf is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 02-24-09, 08:12 AM   #16
freakdiablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enablingwolf View Post
As he was on the floor bleeding anus juice.
Thanks, that's going to be ringing around in my head for the next few hours.

Main: MOBO: MSI P67A-G45, CPU: i7 2600k w/ VenX (4.4ghz @ 1.33v), RAM: 2x8gb Kingston HyperX Blu Red Series DDR3 1600, GFX: Galaxy GTX670 GC, PSU: OCZ 1250w ZX, CASE: Corsair 500R, HDD: 120gb Samsung 840, WD 4TB Black
Quick, Cheap, and Dirty NAS: Sempron 140, Hyper 212+ with 800RPM Scythe Slipstreams, 4gb ram, 5x2tb Hitachis in RAID5, Seasonic SSR-360GP, Antec 300, Biostar Tpower motherboard, APC BR700G UPS, Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H router (Upgrade in the works)
Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad X220 HTPC: Zotac ZBOX AD04-U w/ 6GB Samsung 1333mhz, 64GB Adata Premier Pro SP900
Protobox-1: Raspberry Pi Mod. B Rev. 2, 2.5" LCD, 12v 1A PSU, Aluminum RatShack project box, GPIO breakout board

Project 1UP || Interested in the performance of the new AMD AM1 socket? Ask me, I'll test it!
Bored of games? Nothing good on internet radio or youtube? Dont waste your GHz, find them before they find us. SETI
freakdiablo is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 02-24-09, 10:24 AM   #17
Old Thrashbarg

I saw that article a couple days ago, and it really bothers me the number of people who believe that is actually possible, considering that it runs afoul of a couple laws of physics as well as the basic construction of the cylinder and chair. I'll save the long explanation, but essentially there's just not enough pressure there to break the stop on the piston, the metal bracket and the particle board chair bottom. Even if the stop on the piston broke off, it'd just instantly release all the pressure in the cylinder and sink back down anyway. Then there's the little problem of how the chair is mounted to the piston. I.e., the chair bottom bracket is mounted directly to the piston, so even if the piston somehow managed to shoot up through the bracket and chair bottom, that would mean the bracket had failed and the chair would no longer be attached to it, unlike what you see in the picture.

It's just more anti-China FUD, as seems to be so popular now.
Old Thrashbarg is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 02-24-09, 10:39 AM   #18
Enablingwolf

10 Year Badge

Minus all the physics and construction. Basic visual forensics tells the tale. Otherwise I would of never made butt sauce jokes. I don't make jokes about stuff when I think someone is hurt actually.

It is not as good of a hoax. As that camera in the HD converter box.

Old 02-25-09, 09:45 AM   #19
redwraith94

Yeah, the gas cylinder in my chair doesn't 'store enough energy' to break much of anything...let alone punch a hole like that through the chair.
redwraith94 is offline   QUOTE Thanks
Old 02-25-09, 10:02 AM   #20
Enablingwolf

10 Year Badge

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwraith94 View Post
Yeah, the gas cylinder in my chair doesn't 'store enough energy' to break much of anything...let alone punch a hole like that through the chair.
The gas cylinder is force reactive. Though it would take a big 'ol fatty to generate enough energy to explode, while plopping their kheester down.. With enough return energy to vent a person's butt (or a pierce the mounting/seat plate of a chair first.) The pressed board seat pan would beak/strip the mounts before the cylinder would break..

Post Reply New Thread Subscribe

Overclockers Forums > Discussions > General Discussion
General Discussion Forum for general conversation, share interests, have a laugh or discuss anything not related to above or below forums.