• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone ever get a laptop that wouldn't type?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ToiletDuck

I just went and purchased an ASUS notebook from BestBuy. Has 4gb memory and Intel Core 2 duo 2.0ghz with nvidia 9300m-GS in it. I love this thing but still wish I wouldn't have had to purchase a new notebook.

Anyway so I get this thing and while typing fast on just about anything it seems like it doesn't want to hit every key that I do. For instance I'll spell the word "good" and it might come out as "god". I'm sitting here blasting across my keyboard like always and it just seems like this thing is dropping a lot more letters than it should while I'm writing. The odd thing is that while writing this I typed as fast as I could and have yet to have it drop any letters. This makes me wonder if it's the notebook or the programs being used. Due to it having 4gb of memory it had to come with Vista 64bit. Does using firefox or IE on the 64bit rig make it less responsive? Anyone ever notice any mini-lag while typing?

Have you ever had this happen with a unit? If it's not software related I'm wondering if it's just this one unit and should be returned...

Man i just blew all that on the page as fast as I could possibly type with not a single letter being dropped from anything that I wrote. Very odd. I'm going to go find other forums and places to type and see if it's the lappy or something else. Any experiences with this would be greatly appreciated!

LOL. how long did it take you to write all that?
there's a game on facbeook that measures your tpying speed. i got about 80 words per second.

that woudl've taken me atleast 5 minutes in my normal/casual speed. and you can see that i have quite a few mistakes.

maybe the keys aren't as responsive? IMO laptop keys often feel better to me though. easy to type...unlike this rigid G15. wish it had laptops style keys like the Razor keyboards.

I think you mean 80 words a min. I'm about 120 wpm. Didn't take me but a few min.

oh yeah my bad. per minute. 80wps is hardcore.
is it the keys that keep making you miss letters? or maybe the Asus keboard itself is just not up to speed.

and laptops can only press 3 or so keys simultaneously. so maybe that's it, because you type so fast.

Back