• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Customer Build - Memory Speed issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aynjell

Okay, first off, I'm wrong for using microsoft's memory test (the one in vista) to make this evaluation, but tonite when I get home I'll see what everest says on my computer and the Pc I'm building.

Computer has the following specs, all stock:

E5200
eVGA 750i (TR)
4GB of OCZ DDR2 800
1TB Caviar Black
eVGA 9800GTX+ SSC (was on sale for the same price as the G92 version so it was a steal)

What bothers me is his scores.

CPU is a 5.4, memory is a 5.3 (this is the wierd part), but everything else is at 5.9 to be expected. Now, the CPU should be trapping better in everything than my CPU does. 2.5 isn't that high, but it shouold still outpace my computer, so the issue may involve the CPU along with the memory.

The eVGA board doesn't offer much in the way of features I can tweak, and while the settings are on for the sake of troubleshooting, once delivered all powersaving features will be enabled so this machine can sleep, save power, downlock on demand, etc. This has to be a decent performing stocker. It gets 9000 points in 3Dmark vantage, per my last test.

If anybody has the 750i board and feels like chiming in with ideas that would be useful. I just can't seem to place the wierd setting that's causing the slower speeds.

Back