• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 260 Core 216 VS 8800 GTX

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yep there is probably a 20-30 fps difference between the two with the 260 being on top. The GTX 260 (216) is a great card and one of the best price/performance cards that I know of.

EDIT: I would jump all over this card if you're thinking about getting one.

wow for such a crusty dinosaur these old gtx's still have some nuts :)

but it really is starting to show some age, its time for a replacement :(

wow for such a crusty dinosaur these old gtx's still have some nuts :)

but it really is starting to show some age, its time for a replacement :(

Oh come on! they aren't THAT crusty... Seriously the best money I've ever spent on a computer was that first 8800GTX... FC2 on high settings was more than playable on a single card.

I'll be playing on my cards until one of them dies... these cards have had remarkable staying power in the industry, I'll REALLY miss these cards when they're replaced eventually... hopefully not anytime soon.

~ Gos

i know, i was just trying to build myself up to think i actually want a new card lol :)

i was just about to hit reply untill i saw you had them in sli, with a nice new i7, very nice!

well played :thup:

Okay, while Folding isn't the main use for most video cards, It IS able to put hard numbers as to perfomance of the same work on different cards. 8800gtx (92) 512mb = approx 4000-4500 points per day

gtx260 (216) is currently doing between 5500-6500 ppd, The 8800gtx is a factory oc, and so is the gtx260. They could possibly be tweaked higher, but left as they came from the factory, that's the comparison.

for comparison, the ati hd3850 I used before put out 2000-2.25k ppd

Still Running my XFX 8800Ultra. No complaints yet. Very good card

I can still run most games at fairly high settings. But I can see that soon I need to replace it. But I recon it will hold good until the fall.

GTX 260 Core 216 VS 8800 GTX is there a difference and if there is how much.
Lulz...a ton of difference. GTX260 all the way.

Okay, while Folding isn't the main use for most video cards, It IS able to put hard numbers as to perfomance of the same work on different cards. 8800gtx (92) 512mb = approx 4000-4500 points per day

gtx260 (216) is currently doing between 5500-6500 ppd, The 8800gtx is a factory oc, and so is the gtx260. They could possibly be tweaked higher, but left as they came from the factory, that's the comparison.

for comparison, the ati hd3850 I used before put out 2000-2.25k ppd
You cant compare ATI vs Nvidia in F@H. The HD4870 vs gtx 260 216 are close in gaming, but the HD4870 gets spanked in F@H

Back