• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wow, my CPU fan died.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KonaKona

Trashcan Man Member
Posted this in my team's thread but I thought I would post it here as well.

I randomly opened up realtemp a few min ago to find that my CPU was idling at 100C (the tjmax was like 130 or somthing as well). I checked and apparently my cpu fan (AC7) had died. Luckily I have a 200cfm delta in the back of my case for important things like this, but after checking the other fan headers its confirmed that the fan on my AC7 is dead.

So, you guys got any '92 fans you like? I'd prefer something PWM and quiet, and something that won't die on me. :temper:

Pics of realtemp a few seconds after the delta got turned on by request only. :)

Just gone done getting some 'new' fans in (92 from a old dell, 120 from the case.)

The cool part is, I used one single wire to get both of them in place. :D

I'm not buying anymore AC fans though, don't like them now. I'll probably get a fan next time I order something, seeing as this setup is working nicely.

I'm surprised your BIOS settings didn't shut the computer down. Did you have temp shutdown disabled or something?

I'm surprised your BIOS settings didn't shut the computer down. Did you have temp shutdown disabled or something?

Donno, the BIOS had been reset, but I would think it would default at something like 80?

The new fan setup keeps my temps reasonable at 1.4v, so I might be running 3.6 24/7 now. I'll try it later I guess.

Donno, the BIOS had been reset, but I would think it would default at something like 80?

The new fan setup keeps my temps reasonable at 1.4v, so I might be running 3.6 24/7 now. I'll try it later I guess.

Might wanna check the BIOS for future reference. I know my BIOS defaults to Disabled.

Back