• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is Thermalright okay?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

juane414

I'm a little concerned. There are currently no Thermalright products listed on Newegg, and the Thermalright website has been down for a few days now. Is the company going down, or is Newegg just not carrying their products anymore? I would be really sad to see them go. They make some dang good air coolers.

Hmm strange. Thermalright's website is working, but you're right about newegg not carrying any of their products.

I remember seeing newegg's pricing on certain Thermalright's products to be a little on the high side compared to other sites.

I wonder what's going on?:confused:

Could it be that they only allow agents sell their products at a fair mark up, there was a big arguement and every thing got pulled...which would be a pity,,,,i quite love thermalright cooling!!

Last time I looked at Thermalright products at Newegg, Newegg was gouging the hell out of their customers on just about every Thermalright product they had in stock. Maybe Thermalright pulled Newegg as a qualified retail venfor of their products since they were gouging so bad.

The Thermalright website is working fine for me though.

Last edited:
Odd that Newegg would gouge, not exactly their MO. But yeah, I went looking a bit ago and noticed that they had been pulled from Neweggs stock. Shrug.

Odd that Newegg would gouge, not exactly their MO. But yeah, I went looking a bit ago and noticed that they had been pulled from Neweggs stock. Shrug.

Not really. NewEgg has some pretty horrible markups on pretty much any cooling gear. Compare their prices to Jab-Tech and FrozenCPU, and the other smaller shops.

Last edited:
thermalright probally hasnt updated it lol , and they might sell the brackets and stuff, or their thermal compound.

I just believe that if newegg would sell it ,they would go by MSRP and then add in their fees' including shipping which might come out way more than what everyone would pay

Hmmm... well I can't get the thermalright website to load, but it must just be me. Well, normally I would buy something from the store with the best price, but usually if I'm buying a bunch of stuff I will spend the extra $10 to have it all come from the same place.

I might try out Zalman or Xigmatic for my next build, or maybe even water. It would suck if I didn't even have the option of going back to Thermalright though. I loved my Ultra 120 that I had in my last desktop, and I'd buy it again.

Not really. NewEgg has some pretty horrible markups on pretty much any cooling gear. Compare their prices to Jab-Tech and FrozenCPU, and the other smaller shops.

Not going to derail this thread by getting into the price differences between some shop you can find on Pricewatch, Jab-Tech...seriously?, and a company like Newegg. My only point was that it's not in Newegg's MO to gouge. (Understand that word.)

Hmmm... well I can't get the thermalright website to load, but it must just be me. Well, normally I would buy something from the store with the best price, but usually if I'm buying a bunch of stuff I will spend the extra $10 to have it all come from the same place.

I might try out Zalman or Xigmatic for my next build, or maybe even water. It would suck if I didn't even have the option of going back to Thermalright though. I loved my Ultra 120 that I had in my last desktop, and I'd buy it again.

Maybe try clearing browser cache and cookies, etc. and give it another try?

Maybe try clearing browser cache and cookies, etc. and give it another try?

Tried that, didn't work. I'm starting to wonder if it's something to do with the fact that I'm in Korea... maybe my ISP is blocking the site or something.

Jab-Tech...seriously?,

Yes, seriously. John runs a great store and is honest how he does things. His store, while small is very competitive on cooling parts prices. Plus he does not make it a money grab on shipping.

It is hard to compare the two store. Since one does BILLIONS of dollars a year in sales. The other is a true mom and pop shop.

Yes, seriously. John runs a great store and is honest how he does things. His store, while small is very competitive on cooling parts prices. Plus he does not make it a money grab on shipping.

It is hard to compare the two store. Since one does BILLIONS of dollars a year in sales. The other is a true mom and pop shop.

Indeed, Jab-Tech is a good place to shop!

i love jabtech , was skeptic at first because of the low prices lol

My IFX-14 was like 64 bucks + 8 bucks for a thermo + 9 bucks shipping for a 5 lb item. thats amazing deal

Xoxide and other places sell the IFX-14 for like 74.99 or even 84.99

I love directron! They have awesome student discounts on their software. I think I got Vista Home Premium upgrade for like $65 from them.

Back