• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I beliieve i have found the best air cpu cooler out ther.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jeremy8529

Registered
Im amazed at what this cooler has done, i was running load at 64c on my amd 3700 at stock clocks and cooler, then i switched to this beasthttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835887011
and my load temp is... get this..... 31c. so far ive been running prime for an hour. i have it at stock clocks right now.

I have a positive pressure cooling setup, i have an intake fairly weak intake coming down from the side pannel on the rear pannel i got a 120mm pushing cool air into my cpu's fan at about 80 cfm, then i have the cpu's running at about 85cfm sucking all that cool air in from the other fan.

I can't wait to try and overclock this beast lol

Congrats on those temps. Hope it remains that way when you start clocking.

Really nice cooler too!

Thanks, ive never really over clocked my cpu b4, but i want to try because right now there are no more well priced 939's out there. Also im hoping that the cooler ends up being am3 compatible as well, but i aint got my fingers crossed.

im planing to get a thermalright ultra 120 extreme. for fun :D.

eventho my silent knight dosent give me any problems tho. but it feels glorious to see your temp VERY low right :p

Thanks, ive never really over clocked my cpu b4, but i want to try because right now there are no more well priced 939's out there. Also im hoping that the cooler ends up being am3 compatible as well, but i aint got my fingers crossed.

Overclocking is quite fun, but in the end I ended up buying a "stock" cpu. by that I mean, I bought a CPu I was promised would clock to 3Ghz, as it had been tested at that. My CPU hits about 50C, though. :(

I need to lap my zalman really badly.

theres no such thing as the best CPU cooler out there. theres always the best after every best. .

different people uses different cpu cooler , for different purpose. people use good cpu cooler like the thernalright 120 for extreme overclocking. For normal simple overclocking , people may use the coolermaster thing, for higher end overclockers, they uses water coooling. may be the best for u, but not the best for some people.

Overclocking is quite fun, but in the end I ended up buying a "stock" cpu. by that I mean, I bought a CPu I was promised would clock to 3Ghz, as it had been tested at that. My CPU hits about 50C, though. :(

I need to lap my zalman really badly.
When does your cpu hit 50C? If it only reaches that temp when you run prime95 or orthos, then thats not bad for a s939 cpu clocked @ 3.0. If you regularly hit that temp while gaming or video encoding, I may be tempted to clock it down a bit or try and reduce the voltage a notch or two.

When does your cpu hit 50C? If it only reaches that temp when you run prime95 or orthos, then thats not bad for a s939 cpu clocked @ 3.0. If you regularly hit that temp while gaming or video encoding, I may be tempted to clock it down a bit or try and reduce the voltage a notch or two.

It started when I got this CPU from downer. Either my TIM application sucks, or my putting the heatsink to face the top of the case (exhaust going up) was a bad idea, but it seemed logical since that big *** fan is right up top. Seemed to be the best setup for what I was trying to do.

I'll reseat it when I get around to buying some sand paper. When I do that, I'll probably also polish up my video cards heatsink.

I've also heard that the Zerotherm Nirvana has a really loud fan. Is this true? Is your Nirvana loud Jeremy8529?

I was under the impression that the TRUE 120 cools as well as the Nirvana with a quieter and lower RPM fan. Maybe I'm wrong?

I've also heard that the Zerotherm Nirvana has a really loud fan. Is this true? Is your Nirvana loud Jeremy8529?

I was under the impression that the TRUE 120 cools as well as the Nirvana with a quieter and lower RPM fan. Maybe I'm wrong?

Loud is a relativ term, if you were going for silent then this is not for you, but its not obnoxiously loud either, it sounds sorta like a hair dryer, just not near as loud

I guess if you are used to having louder fans in your case anyway it wouldn't be noticeable. My case is usually dead silent except for the northbridge cooler and gpu fan.

Jeremy, you must have bought the last one. The Egg is listing it as a discontinued item.

I've also heard that the Zerotherm Nirvana has a really loud fan. Is this true?

Mine is very loud. For some odd reason, it runs 100% all the time. It has a 3 pin connector, and the motherboard has a 4 pin CPU fan connector, which I'm guessing is my problem. But I'm positive the Thermaltake Big Typhoon (also 3 pin) that I replaced worked correctly :confused:

Mine is very loud. For some odd reason, it runs 100% all the time. It has a 3 pin connector, and the motherboard has a 4 pin CPU fan connector, which I'm guessing is my problem.

Yes, it will run at 100%. The 3rd pins is just RPM sense, the 4th pin is for PWM speed control. So to drop your speed, you need to reduce the voltage by a fan controller or voltage change (e.g. 7v or 5v).

Back