• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.6, 1.8, 2.0 northwood??...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Cool, because price/performance ratio of the 1.8 is great.
But also because overclockable oft his northwood architecture looks interesting;
2.2 -> 3.0 with internal fan see
http://www.chip.de/produkte_tests/produkte_tests_8637078.html

Thanks for help! Max

Sorry it's all in cherman!:) in a short:
they overclocked a 2.2 easy to 3.0 on a new Gigabyte board with normal IHS, only by FSB change and voltage.
(And the 1.8 is just half /third the price of a 2.2...)

Last edited:
The new Northwood P-4 processors using 0.13 micron cores were first introduced in 2.0 and 2.2 gig versions earlier this month. Recently, Intel announced that they would be offering the Northwoods in 1.6 and 1.8 gig flavors too. There is some speculation that most of the lower speed Northwoods were going to OEM companies and overseas markets. U.S. retailers might not see them for a while. Make sure you get a P-4 with 512k of cache if you're trying to buy a Northwood. The older P-4 processors only had 256k of cache.

.. 512 is mentioned in the store; i can't believe it, and this happens in my conservative/slowly switzerland..
- surprise surprise, i contact them:)

maxleo said:
.. 512 is mentioned in the store; i can't believe it, and this happens in my conservative/slowly switzerland..
- surprise surprise, i contact them:)

What would it take for me to get you to buy one of the 1.8s and ship it to me? Buddy, pal? I have a PayPal account...

That's what I've been saying all along. The 2.2 has got nowhere to go without good cooling (unless you enjoy running PCI/AGP out of spec). The 1.6 and 1.8 make a lot more sense to OC. They're on the same process (.13) as the 2.0 and 2.2 and will morelikley hit the 133 to keep everything running clean. Pair that with some Samsung PC800 at 1066 and you have a 2.4 Ghz 133 Mhz (533) fire-breather with all running in spec except CPU/RAM.

:D ..: i ordered for it a nice Gigabyte GA-8IRXP (1/2 and 1/2via DLL, USB2, RAID!,..) and Infineon DDR, it will feel well i hope:D

... more as soon it runs.

Back