• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temp problem :(

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oYAKUZAo

i have a problem wid my temp, not a big problem tho. but this kinda make me feel, uneasy.

as stated below, a q6600 3.2ghz on a silent knight 2. I have no temp problem tho, in fact i used some cheap cooler master thermal paste. but dosent seem a big issue.

i cant stand looking at the fact that, whenever i on my aircon., my temp will go down like 5 - 10 degree idle on on load, went downn to 5 degree. . but whenever my room is at room temp, temp are not so nice. didnt hit above 55 but, still i dont like it.

i know you ppl would ask me to buy a thermal right 120 ultra extreme or TRUE, but dont mantion it .. cause i cant afford it now :( things in my country are expensive due to shippings and tax. i may have to wait another end of the month til i get my pays ..

but im planing to get a artic cooling MX-2 thermal paste. do u think that will solve the probleM? i wouldnt dare to lapp my cpu cause, i dont know where to buy the sand paper needed :(. any advice?

i cant on my aircon the whole day while gaming, it will cost a bill :(

If your ambient temp goes up, so will your core temps. If it's to hot for you at room temp you can drop your OC a little. During the summer I have to drop back my clocks if it gets to warm.

Aye.. Your A/C is dropping your ambient temp, which means your Cooler can dump more heat, lowering the temp of your cpu. If anything, that pretty well says your current hs and goop are fine. Leave it alone..

If you get something that lowers your cpu temp, that energy has to go somewhere, it'll just heat your room up more

ouh..damn country. my country is a hot country u know. but its the monsoon raining seoson now for 1 month. :D.

i try to keep my room as neat as possible(like a girl) . so theres good airflow and ventilation . . and im used to airconditioning while gaming. hmm..

maybe i should get a new thermal paste. when i get my pay, ill change my hsf to a thermalright ultra 120 extreme XD. which cost 100 dollars :(

You can leave the thermal paste for now... changing may or may not lower your temps right now, and only by 2 or 3 degrees. Buy some good stuff when/ if you buy a new cpu cooler.

i know , that the fact , regardless of the thermalpaste im using, my temps are ok.

but i feel kinda jealous, seeing a guy with the same cpu and same cooler as me, but his temps are better then mine, either load or idle just because of the thermal paste hes using.

even if my temps drop to a few degrees, better then nothing. in fact it feels good and glorious to watch your temp going down :p right?

The energy generated as heat from the cpu can only be dissipated into the air so fast.. His current set up is dissipating the heat generated well enough that cooler ambients has a direct effect on the cpu temp.. You're never gonna change that fact. If turning the A/C on didn't lower his cpu temp, he might have a case for needing better tim/heatsink, because then The setup isn't dissipating heat successfully. You can't get any cooler than ambient with air cooling.

alright, heres how my cpu airflow works.

Front- blowing air in.

Asus silent knight - front(taking the air ) black (blowing it out the back casing venti)

back- fan blowing hot air out.

side, Big side ventilation window, no fan cause air can go in easily.

i also used a cable jacket to manage my cables properly. it looks neater now and better :D

if you want better temps, lapping will give you a little 1-3c increase
since your not ocing madly, i wouldnt worry about temps so much.. theres really no point in even dropping $50+ usd for a TRUE and some better time if your at 3.2

as i said, im not from USD, im from asia, things here are expensive due to shipping and currencys. a TRUE cost 50 dollars here, ill get it soo easily. even my silent knight cost me 85 dollars.. and a TRUE cost me 100 here

Right.. You'd be spending quite a bit of money, on very little gain. If the room gets hot, open a window (as long as the outside is cooler)

haha. erm. i live in a 13 story flat. and im on the 3rd level. my windows are always open and due to my damn hot country, outside air blows hot air in in the afternoon. damit.

and yea. hey marci. since ur so rich, mind sending me a TRUE 120. lol ill give u my address - joke

Back