• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA GTX 260 Core 16 55nm $185 Shipped

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hahaha... I thought this was a classifieds post. I was about to say "DIBS!"

this is an excellent card, mine came with SC bios 626 core.
I play 1920x1200, COD5 and some 4, L4D, UT3 and this card is a monster.

vanilla came with SC bios
sku is for 576 card and I got 626 :p
I bought it last week of december from the egg

my 8800gt cards came same way. it happens according to evga

damn nice price, thats what I paid for my 65nm version.

Good to hear. I've been looking at video cards for a while but hadn't decided and didn't have too much time to think about it. This purchase was more impulsive than usual for me.

GTX285s are just too expensive for me at $319. Since I mostly play simulators that tax the CPU, I don't think I would get $134 more value from the 285. Especially considering the power and heat issues. For a 285 I'd also have to budget for a new power supply, so it's more like $234+ more for the 285 for me.

It also looks like many 260's overclock very close to 280 stock speeds.

-Mike

This is more expensive than it was on Sunday when I ordered it (sans the promo code, that is). I got it for $189.00 after MiR, from the egg. They tacked $10 back on to the instant savings! And yes, it was free shipping too. Still, $184 is a very nice price all said and done.

damn is that a 55 or 65?

nice clocks

Its a 55nm. A certain someone was giving me quite the hard time about my sig, so I feel obligated to clarify:

Those are the settings I input into precision. My actual clocks are slightly different at 756/1512/1188. I can benchmark and game at those speeds without problems. I know that she is somewhat of a freak of nature, and I love her for it! The max I have benchmarked her so far has been 760/1525/1225 (settings in precision).

***And this is all on the stock air cooler.

just so people know, this version of the card does NOT work with the eVGA voltage tuner.

285's and 55nm 260's will never work with the controller due to a different vGPU controller.

heads up.

just so people know, this version of the card does NOT work with the eVGA voltage tuner.

285's and 55nm 260's will never work with the controller due to a different vGPU controller.

heads up.

So what DOES work with the voltage tuner? 65nm? 280s?

So what DOES work with the voltage tuner? 65nm? 280s?

w/ eVGA controller
295's
280's
260's (65nm)

w/ riva-hack - great thread @ XS - shameless cross-link
295's
280's
260's (65nm)
4870x2
9800gx2
2900xt (non-pro model)
---------
285's and 260's (55nm) use a low cost controller that really.... not cool.

good 285 thread though. - More shameless linking

Last edited:

heads up.

According to EVGA Forums Evga is "working on a solution". It's still a great card even if I can't push the shaders to 2000

Back