• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4870X2 and X-FI Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NoobCooler

Hey

I just got my 4870X2 today. It works fine. But my X-fi card doesnt like it at all.

I had to boot Vista 64 in safe mode, uninstall my x-fi, then reboot to be able to enter Vista normal.

Now im getting this msg in Device Mananger under my x-fi card "This device cannot start. (Code 10)".

Is it the "High Definition Audio Device" that comes with my GFX thats causing the problems?

Please help.
Thansk

Try uninstalling the sound card drivers then pull the X-fi card restart your pc and then shutdown the pc, then install card and drivers.:soda:

disable the hdmi audio device from your video card. Don't uninstall it(it will just reinstall on reboot anyway) just disable it.

disable the hdmi audio device from your video card. Don't uninstall it(it will just reinstall on reboot anyway) just disable it.

That didnt help.

I fixed it by installing Daniel K´s driver pack.

Seems like Creative doesnt give a **** about Vista 64.

Back