• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Coolers for gigabyte ga-g31m-es2l?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

headliner

I'm new to mATX and OC'ing. Thinking I'm going to run that mobo with an e5200 with some OC but not planning on going higher than 3.5Ghz.

The thing is, I'd really prefer to use a mini-tower (In-Win EM020 which has only one 120mm case fan back-mounted) and I'm not sure how concerned I should be about clearance issues with an aftermarket CPU cooler. I've seen a few people saying the AC Freezer 7 fits, but I think its noise level may be a bit of an issue for me. I'd really like to keep it as quiet as possible without sacrificing too much performance. Any suggestions for coolers that will fit the mobo and mini-tower and be atleast moderately quiet?

I've also heard that the northbridge can run fairly hot, and I wonder if I should consider an aftermarket heatsink for it, or maybe find something for the CPU that will throw some air in its direction.

All that said, should I just worry about one or the other? Or do I really need to worry about either with modest OC'ing?

when it comes to overclocking on air, airflow is VERY important. .u would also need a after-market cpu cooler. not more then 3.5 is not so bad. get thermalright 120 or smt. but it wont fit your casing. . its important to get a mid or full tower for overclocking or a extreme pc cause

Alot of cable

Cpu heat-sink cooler wont fit your small casing

insufficien air flow << IMPORtANT

I think you can pull it off, Temps/noise level is a trade-off everyone has to make.

You can have small and either cool, or quiet, or cheap.. sometimes you can get 2.. it's rare to get all 3. pick one or 2 that are most important. The 5200 is pretty cool little chip, but you're talking around a 50% oc.. that's a big jump.. I think it's doable, but far from 'easy'

Back