• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Intel Pentium E5400 .. The BEST sub 100 dollar processor on the market today

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
the e5xxx chips seem to be hit or miss. Of the 2 I've dealt with, both e5300s, one maxes out @~3.9ghz, but runs 3.75ghz easily with only 1.3v. The other went straight to 4ghz with modest voltage, and maxed @~4.2ghz with ~1.4v. Getting them to run a decent FSB speed is just about impossibe. With the stock at 200mhz, anything over 300mhz is gravy. I was able to run up to 400hmz fsb, but with a severely lowered multi on both.

Still...for well under $100 it's a good chip. Great for a gaming only rig where more budget goes towards the gpu.

the e5xxx chips seem to be hit or miss. Of the 2 I've dealt with, both e5300s, one maxes out @~3.9ghz, but runs 3.75ghz easily with only 1.3v. The other went straight to 4ghz with modest voltage, and maxed @~4.2ghz with ~1.4v. Getting them to run a decent FSB speed is just about impossibe. With the stock at 200mhz, anything over 300mhz is gravy. I was able to run up to 400hmz fsb, but with a severely lowered multi on both.

Still...for well under $100 it's a good chip. Great for a gaming only rig where more budget goes towards the gpu.

Agreed. A good chip for those not looking to shell out the big bucks for an E8xxx

Back