• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

temp issue with E7400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gottcha

I just finished my new build and played with it for 2 hours last night and got the little E7400 up to 3.5 and temps are idle 30-35 and then primed for about 1 hour load went to 42c is that right? oh coolinf with ACF7

yea. img 42 im prime 95. thats VERY VERY well. but dont be mistaken

which program do u use to monitor your temp? if ur using realtemp or smt, check your TJmax. a wrong tjmax will give u a wrong temp. but i cant belive it.

my 3.2ghz run 30 idle and 45 load

I use the latest real temp and the tjmax is @ 95

I guess the 45mn chips run way way way cooler than my Q6600.

i mean 7c rise in temp with that much overclock seems alittle off to me.

Hmm you got that E7400 to 3.5Ghz with stock voltage? If so that would explain why your temps are so cool ;)

I see your point, but like with my Q6600 @2.4 stock at 1.1v and taking those temps compared to a Q6600 @3.2 1.3v there was a huge temp difference.
of course thats not comparing apples to apples.

I guess i didn't put the voltage in my first post. 3.5 @ 1.35v

Well then, at that voltage/speed, that ACF7 is doing a very good job. You should be happy ;)

The Quad puts out alot more heat, but I'm sure you already knew that :D

I was just wondering if maybe there was a temp sensor issue. I haven't been able to find anything by searching. If this is the real temp then i'm gonna have some fun tonight!
does anyone know the max voltage for the fsb on the 45mn chips? and what would be the max voltage?.... well i think 1.35 is intels max but what has anyone taken these chips up to.

Wow, great temps and OC on that budget chip :beer: I've been seriously considering a build with an e7400, everything as far as enthusiast comp components are soooo expensive here in Korea. Makes no sense, its all manufactured in this part of the world. :banghead:

i have been messing around alittle bit and got it to 4.0 but it was not stable. my temps under p95 never got over 46c!! i think thats unreal compaired to my sig machine. there is no point for water cooling with this chip :(

I don't see what your worried about. I got mine to stay stable at 4.1ghz, idle temp is 41c. Ran prime95 for 8 hours temp never got above 64c, and system never let out a hickup. I'm good with these number, leaving it clocked at 4ghz forever.
Not worried about chip life as long as it last a year, then I will upgrade. Who wants it?

I don't see what your worried about. I got mine to stay stable at 4.1ghz, idle temp is 41c. Ran prime95 for 8 hours temp never got above 64c, and system never let out a hickup. I'm good with these number, leaving it clocked at 4ghz forever.
Not worried about chip life as long as it last a year, then I will upgrade. Who wants it?

what kind of settings did you use to get it to 4.1????

I'm sure my EVGA 790i SLI FTW motherboard might have some to do with it. It has some sort of special power regulators on it like no others?
Notice my DDR3 is clocked slightly slower then the Cores FSB. Also I was playing Crysis a little bit ago. My CPU temps hit 76c and the game crashed, system was fine. I've always had overheating problems when playing Crysis, it was not a surprise that temps went higher playing Crysis then runnng prime95 for 8 hours.

FATRAY_CPUZ.gif CPU-Z_Memory.jpg

This is with air cooling, a Zalman heatsink.
35-118-223-09.jpg

i have mine cooled with an Artic cooler freezer pro 7 and have yet to see temps above 43ish

what about your fsb voltage?

I never messed with the FSB, set on AUTO @ 1.1v. Now that you said something I just might have too. Na I think idle temps of 41c are enough, but then 41c isn't too hot to touch. My hot tubs water is more then 41c. I've got to get memory running better, memory isn't even warm. From my experience memory is much more finicky to mess with.

When does the processor do it's throttling thing to reduce heat, do you know? CoreTemp says it's 100c, but I don't always trust programs.

Your cooler seems nice, but I bought that Zelman based on reviews and testings. In every test I've seen my unit outperforms them all. Main report I listen to is MaximumPC, what ever they say is the best I buy (within my price range). Also my system is dead quiet, built it to be quiet.

http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=2362&page=4

Last edited:
I never messed with the FSB, set on AUTO @ 1.1v. Now that you said something I just might have too. Na I think idle temps of 41c are enough, but then 41c isn't too hot to touch. My hot tubs water is more then 41c. I've got to get memory running better, memory isn't even warm. From my experience memory is much more finicky to mess with.

When does the processor do it's throttling thing to reduce heat, do you know? CoreTemp says it's 100c, but I don't always trust programs.

Your cooler seems nice, but I bought that Zelman based on reviews and testings. In every test I've seen my unit outperforms them all. Main report I listen to is MaximumPC, what ever they say is the best I buy (within my price range). Also my system is dead quiet, built it to be quiet.

http://www.frostytech.com/articleview.cfm?articleid=2362&page=4

I'm not sure when it would start throttling.
And my Heatsink (ACFP7=really cheap and does a good job) i started running out of money for my sig build so i went cheap.... but know i have the Q6600 water cooled:cool:

Back