• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Upgrade advice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johnboy1998

Hi how are we all?

Looking at a new cpu/board as reached my oc potential with 5000+ brisbane. Looking at a new amd cpu but not sure whats right for gaming!

My current board only supports am2 not am2+ but maybe be able to get hold of a XFX geforce8200 for cheapness, so for gaming should I go with a quad and if so which one?
As I cant see the point in getting another dual core unless an am2+ board gives a noticeable improvement on my cpu or any in the class above it 7750etc

thanks guys!

Last edited:
The XFX geforce8200 will limit your choices to AM2+ and 95 watts or less. This means that all of the best choices will be eliminated. I highly recommend you bag the XFX mobo and get something that will run the newer CPU's. This will make for a far better upgrade.

Good luck with whatever you end up getting.

R7 :beer:

i think u should go for quad, cause what i heard from a friend, all the latest games coming out requires quad core for stable performance. if ur using dualcore, maybe a good one or a overclocked.

but its better to get 4 core. the more core, the better :p. its like 2 hands carrying a big rock and 4 hands. of cause 4 hands makes the job easier.

i would recomand quad, and if u got the money,get i7 or smt.. if u want a resonable graphic card, a 9800gtx will do. if u want a higher end, gtx 2++

Back