• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

120mm fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmh547

I am going to be transfering my gaming rig to a new case and I am going to purchase some new fans. Right now I have a couple Scythe S-Flex fans that I am happy with however I see I can get some comparable Yate Loon fans for half the price. Are the Yate Loons as good? My concerns are noise (5v and 12v) and air flow (and of coarse cost).

Yate Loons from Petras are good fans. There are better for much more money, but they can'r be beat for the price. I like them and use them exclusivly, no need to buy anything else.

Love Yate's... 6 of them in my antec 900 with a 200mm top fan and a fan speed controller. The thing purrs.

Like the others said, the Yates are a great price/performance case fan. The bearing quality isn't as good as the S-Flex, but they are also half (or less) as expensive too. Overall they are a very good choice.

If you already have S-Flexs, there's really no need to pick up YLs, though.

Unless you want more fans :p

Like the others said, the Yates are a great price/performance case fan. The bearing quality isn't as good as the S-Flex, but they are also half (or less) as expensive too. Overall they are a very good choice.

Yea their bearings arnt going to last as long but i have had my main rig with yates in it for 3 yrs this august and its on a good 10hrs+ a day and i havnt had any issues with the yates.

Yate Loons from Petras are good fans. There are better for much more money, but they can'r be beat for the price. I like them and use them exclusivly, no need to buy anything else.

Definitly buy them from petras... jab-tech ones are cheaper built and have junky motors.

check out my thread here. http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=596664

Petras http://www.petrastechshop.com/12yalod1cafa.html

Thanks for you input guys. I think i will order some of the YL fans from petras.

I am going to move my gaming rig to my Aerocool Masstige and put two 8dB S-Flex fans in that.

I am then going to buy a Cooler Master 590 for my gaming rig and set it up as follows.

Front Delta (2x) WFB1212HE +107CFM
Back (1x) S-Flex SFF21E (1x) -49CFM
Side (1x) Yate Loon D12SL-12 +47CFM
Top (1x) Yate Loon D12SL-12 -47CFM
Heat Sink (1x) Yate Loon D12SL-12

For a total +167 CFM
Est Total dB 44.6

Of coarse i have a fan controller to under volt everything.

Now there is definitely a difference between 8.7dB and 20dB.... What is a good, quiet 120mm fan?

Deltas are going in the gaming rig which doesn't run all the time. The low speed are going in my server which runs 24/7. However, I am thinking about ditching the deltas for some quieter fans....

i had a few yates in my P182 case, decent. but you might need to add sepate fan controllers. I also employ a special high cfm coolermaster 120mm I got way back for about twice the money of a yate. that one is loud but puts out like 2x more air.

Back