• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FO3 help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pejsaboy

So, I'm in Megaton and have agreed to disarm the bomb. However, I narced on the shifty guy with glasses [can't remember his name at the moment] who wanted me to detonate the bomb. So, the sheriff/mayor charged in on him and got killed. At this point the only quests in my pipboy are the one to meet the guy for drugs in the tower, and the "following in his footsteps" one to find out more about dad. Aside from the sheriff being dead, I don't have a high enough skill to even attempt disarming the bomb, and I don't have enough caps to buy any drugs from the guy in the tower. Is there another course of action I can take for the time being, or am I going to have to dig through earlier autosaves and find one before I stranded myself with nothing to do?

I'm trying to play a [mostly] good character, so I don't want to just go stealing stuff to make caps, but I also don't want to have to revert too far back to an autosave if I can avoid it. Being an RPG, I assume Megaton is basically the only place I'm high enough level to survive in at this point, no?

Well that's good to know. Now I just need to decide whether to continue playing this or the Witcher :shrug: Too many games, not enough free time :D

Exact same thing happened to me, Sheriff got himself killed and I had no quests. Head East if u want to hit the city, or West if you prefer scouting the wastelands!

Once you disarm the bomb, the sheriff's son will give you a key to the vacant house in Megaton.

Really though, at that early stage, you could easily start over from the time you left the vault. Repairing the 3 water leaks in megaton is a quick way to get some XP. Just make sure you have a decent repair skill and don't forget you can use different outfits to increase your stats and skills too.

yeah, same happened to me but I reloaded right before and redid it a few times so that I killed him before the sheriff got killed.

Just kill things, I blew that place up and went town by town wiping people out, turned out for a fun game. I also killed The guy at penny tower so I could snag his sweet sniper rifle early in the game

So I finally started playing and I'm still pretty close to the beginning. I decided to kill Mr. Burke and Mr. Tenpenny. Now that I have, can I raid their suites? Do they have rooms with anything decent in them in tenpenny tower?

I thought I had explored everything in the tower (except the underground railway), I guess not. Theres the suites on the ground and second floor, and the floor of suites that can be accessed via the elevator. Am I missing anything else?

One more try. I have the key to Allister Tenpenny's Suite. I've heard he has a safe in there. WHERE is his suite? (not the suite you are rewarded).

Edit: Oh god D it. I forced quit FO3 and now at the main menu the option to continue or load is greyed out. Anyone know how to get around this? My save files are still there.

Edit edit: Backed up saves and re-installed, did the trick.

Last edited:
Back