• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pushing too soon??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Morbid

Nitpicker
I just got this processor last night... been running it at default all day recording temps. So I thought I would push it a little and moved it up to 1.61GHz (11.5x140). Doing pretty good so far... no temp change from default while folding for about 20 minutes.

Am I pushing the processor too soon? Should I wait? Does it matter?

Thanks in advance! :D

i dont see why there would be too much reason to wait but there could be i dont know i am kinda new so i havnt had much experiance pther than my one new AMD and reading the forums:eh?: :D

SeigeAkicksass said:
i dont see why there would be too much reason to wait but there could be i dont know i am kinda new so i havnt had much experiance pther than my one new AMD and reading the forums:eh?: :D

Thanks all the same :)

bobt17 said:
u should be fine.. i started pushing my xp on the first day i had it

Sweet, thanks for the reply. Been folding for 50 mins now and no temp increase from defaut speed. Guess i'll be pushing her a little further later on :D :burn:

Hoot said:
Try 12x145 at 1.85V. My old revision KT7A hit that no sweat with the XP1800.

Hoot

I'll give it a go Hoot... gonna let folding@home hit the 100/100 WU's then i'll reboot and set it at that. Thanks for the advice!

Hoot, I tried 12x145 ... no go

Takes me to 1668.. I guess it cant read the 12x multiplier? I also tried 11.5x145 which also gave me 1668 as well... any suggestions?

Push that sucka till it screms....

Have you increased your votage? As you setup up the FSB and multiplier, you also have to increase your voltage to get it stable.

It's stable... never had a problem with that. Just when I try to go 12x145 ... it acts like it's reading 11.5x145, from what I gather.

sometimes the unlocking job can be faulty i need to redo min it dose that if i try 9X on my athlon if you dont wan to re do it now you mighbe ably to get higher bus:D

It's not unlocked. I dont dare try to unlock it myself hehe.

What other combo's can I try for 1.7GHz ? Hope my memory can withstand the FSB overclock if I push it that far for 1.7 :D
:burn:

Morbid said:

What other combo's can I try for 1.7GHz ? Hope my memory can withstand the FSB overclock if I push it that far for 1.7 :D

what kind of memory is it? my 256mb crusial pc2100 cas 2.5 is letting me run 162fsb right now but thats about the most i can get out of it

EDIT: oh btw thats at cas 2

Morbid said:

If its not unlocked, you cant change the multiplier, thats the part thats "locked." unlocking is not very hard, I did it the other day for the first time on my XP and all multipliers work fine.

Well, got her sitting at 1724MHz (1.72GHz) and been folding for 20 minutes at only 38 celcius. I dont know how my DDR is taking it... fine I hope :D

-Edit- Update: Been folding for just over 2 hours... temp has actually dropped to 37 celcius. VCore: 1.85 || 2.5v Value: 2.65 || 3.3v Value: 3.5 || 5v Value: 5 || 12v Value: 12.45 .. is this good??

Last edited:
That's an excellent overclock. The temp will come down a little as the heatsink settles down against the core from heat and vibration. Now, give it a week or so and try the next bump. You're goint to hit a wall eventually until you unlock it.

Hoot

Thanks Hoot, I just don't know how much further this Crucial PC2100 DDR CL2.5 can be pushed. I dont want to fry it (the ram), I might end up buying some Kingmax PC2700 with some heat spreaders..

Hrm.. think I might try pushing it a little further then... i'd be extremely happy if I hit 1.8GHz stable with this setup. I'm happy as could be right now, this is my 1st successful overclock! :D

u'll probly have to increase the voltage to the memory to get it to to take some higher fsb's i know mine is running with 2.8v

Back