• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is it possible to watercool......?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spedhen122

Registered
Hi there,

Does anybody know if its possible to watercool a Low Profile Galaxy 9600GT Graphics card ?

i dont think so.. water coolant are for cpus, ram or smt..i dont know about VGA.

but, why would u need to cool a 9600gt, its just normal but good GPU.

You could probably mod a small water block to run to that gpu for sure. It just takes ingenuity and knowhow.

@Yakuza, yes you can watercool a gpu.

But yes, how high do you plan to take that 9600? If you can, just buy a better card and you will now have to wc it to get better performance.

Last edited:
i water cool my evga 9800+ superclocked...watercooling is for anything that makes heat...you just need to find the right waterblock. and possible use some ramsinks

You could probably mod a small water block to run to that gpu for sure. It just takes ingenuity and knowhow.

@yakuza, yes you can watercool a gpu.

But yes, how high do you plan to take that 9600? If you can, just buy a better card and you will now have to wc it to get better performance.

I don't plan to overclock the Low profile 9600GT. I just want to silence it or make it quieter in operation if I decide to get one. Ive heard people mentioning that the 9600GT is quite noisy due to its little fan. If it were to be possible like some of you state. How difficult do you reckon it would be to adapt a Zalman Reserator XT external watercooling unit to do so ?

Last edited:
Or do third party air coolers exist that would fit the low profile 9600GT ?

yes, thats called the After-market cooler. For original we call it "stock cooler"

for every hardware like processor,graphic card, even ram. north bridge and so on, theres after-market cooler for it.

before you buy, check wather its compatible.

yea of cause..the coolant im using now, thermaltake Du0rd fits all 9 and 8 hundred series..

and why u need to cool a low profile 9600gt.. its just an average card..hardly overclock. even if u do overclock, still dosent make any different.

get a better VGA card and overclockable.. and cool it

Have you tried removing the (I assume) small fan on the card, and ducting air from a quiet, larger (I personally like 120mm fans) to the GPU heatsink?

Just bought the card and find it not to be that noisy, so theres no need to watercool it anymore.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Back