• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sell my 8800GTX for an upgrade?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MattNo5ss

5up3r m0d3r4t0r
I've been thinking about selling my EVGA 8800GTX and using the cash for a new GPU. I'll also be selling my E6700 for at least $85 (that's what the bid is at now with 5 days left...).

I was wondering what I could expect to get for the 8800GTX, and if that cash plus the CPU cash could get me a good upgrade for basically nothing...

Thanks

I've been thinking about selling my EVGA 8800GTX and using the cash for a new GPU. I'll also be selling my E6700 for at least $85 (that's what the bid is at now with 5 days left...).

I was wondering what I could expect to get for the 8800GTX, and if that cash plus the CPU cash could get me a good upgrade for basically nothing...

Thanks

I do the same - sell old to buy new. Takes part of the sting out of the new purchase but you do need to sell your current item sooner than later to get a decent buck out of it. Check EBay for currently selling similar items and click to 'watch this item' to see what the final sales price is to help decide if you want to go that route. Seems the GTS/GTX 8800s are going for around $75-100.

Good idea on the "watch this item" in eBay. It looks like your estimate will end up being right.

Assuming I would get $85 (middle of the road), it seems like the EVGA 55nm GTX 260 Core 216 for $176 (after Newegg Promo Code and Rebate) would be the best choice with ~$170-$180 to spend.

I just ordered that card. First, sign up at live.com for an account, if you don't already have. Click on cashback at the top of the live.com page and search for that card part number and click through to get to newegg that way and you'll get 2.75% cashback in your live.com account within 60 days after that purchase. Drops the total card price to $170 shipped after rebate/cashback/coupon code. :)

The gtx260 would be better than a 8800gtx. you can sell the 8800gtx to someone who needs it for SLI and they will probably give you more than enough to buy a 260.

The gtx260 would be better than a 8800gtx. you can sell the 8800gtx to someone who needs it for SLI and they will probably give you more than enough to buy a 260.

How do you figure an 8800gtx is going to go for over $170(minimum 216 pipepline card cost)?

Last edited:
My E6700 is up to $105 :)
I'm selling it for more than I bought my E8400 E0 ($95)

3 EVGA 8800GTXs were sold today, 1 @ $70 and 2 @ $115 each ($100 avg per card).

My E6700 is up to $105 :)
I'm selling it for more than I bought my E8400 E0 ($95)

3 EVGA 8800GTXs were sold today, 1 @ $70 and 2 @ $115 each ($100 avg per card).

Ouch. I'm in for a sting when I move from my 8800GTX setup. I remember paying nearly $600 for my eVGA superlocked card at release. :)

Yeah, I think mine was $400-500 when I got it...

I've been trying to OC mine; I have it at 675/1566/1026 so far. This has me thinking a motherboard upgrade might be a better idea (old @$$ P5N-E SLI), and just wait for the next series of nVidia cards to come out before I get rid of the 8800GTX...hmm...

There's something to be said about staying slightly behind the curve on hardware purchases. :)

I sold my 88GTX via the forum classifieds here. You can usually get better than ebay value here, imo. :)

I didn't know there was a classifieds section here...I'll definitely try that before i resort to eBay.

I didn't know there was a classifieds section here...I'll definitely try that before i resort to eBay.

I think I'll take a crack at this as well.

somegeek

Personally I use Craigslist to sell all sorts of things - it's easy and free to use and it is searched by alot of people everyday. Only downside is you have personally meet with the person which some people might not like doesn't bother me.

Back