• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Xigmatek...What cools better?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I like my HDT-s1283, it performs so mcuh better than the POS water-cooling kit I removed...

It keeps my E8400 E0 under 37C while running ORTHOS Small FFT, and 46C max while running Intel Burn Test.

Never hear too much about the AIO, but hear lots about the s1283. That leads me to believe that the s1283 is likely the better cooler. But, since you have them both on hand, why not do a little head-to-head comparison and let us know how it turns out? ;)

You should absolutely run a series of benches and see which one has the upper hand. Perfect scenario, you would be doing us a disservice if you didn't.

so the unheard mouth don't get fed...but the spoken's gotta make somethin to eat, lol. You're right, I knew It just didn't want to do it if someone already has. I'll get started on it tomorrow, Setup will be exactly the same of course, I'll use the torture test on Prime95, at stock speed/votages also overclocked with +.2 volts. Any other test you guys wanna see?

Cheap water cooling kits are generally inferior to top of the line air coolers like the one you list.

from what iv known off.

its better to have a copper heat-pipe or if possible,the fin. cause copper is a better conductor of heat than aluminium.

and its better to have a bigger heatsink so that theres more space to store the "captured" heat.

its also better to have more then 4 heat-pipe. my cooler has 6.

don't want to be the party pooper. but the s1283 pretty much murders the aio-s80dp

comparison by frostytech

at least i saved you some time if you don't want to test them out.

Smooth, that was the page I wanted to see. Now I don't feel so obligated, My sixth or even seventh sense was telling me my air cooler was better. Maybe test em at a later date if I get bored.
And for the evilsizer. I'm not against any other cooler, If I had that cooler on hand I would've included it in the question no doubt. I just don't have it...

Back