• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

stock to water cooling?????HELp plz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Looking at that thing, I can tell you right off it's not designed to overclock with. The rads are too small and only 1 80 mm fan for air movement through 2 rads isn't going to be able to handle much heat dump from your processor. You would be better off spending your money on a high end air solution such as a TRUE, or the Vendetta 2 or the S-1283 or S-1284, IMO.

Agreed, It's not a watercooling setup. It's a gimmick all the way.

It's pretty much physics. Watercooling needs 3 things. A block to xfer heat, a pump to move heat to the radiator. And most importantly a radiator capable of removing the heat.

That rad is too small, I can assure you that. Proper watercooling (not very cheap darnit) pulls a ton of heat from the chips and always will give better temps. Always. I bolded the important words.

That said, you can get some really nice temps on the CPU starting at about $200, less if you buy smart used stuff.

And once you start be careful, it's like crack, you always want more.

Agreed, And once you start be careful, it's like crack, you always want more.

What do you mean? I've been watercooling since 2002 and presently have 5 watercooled systems running and I'm not hooked!:eek::drool::screwy:

Errrrrrr.............. Reflecting on what I just typed, maybe you have something there. :D

no comments... this guy obviously dont know a thing..

I believe that's why he's asking... and our duty is to help.

BTW, I don't know anything about water cooling but that looks 85% air cooling 15% water.

Back