• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my hard drive is so loud

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BackBreaker

Disabled
I tried installing this driver for a scanner but it didnt work for some reason, it unpacked and nothing happened and my hard drive just will not stop making loading like noises even an hour after this happened. WHat should I do?

The first thing you should do is backup all data that you want to keep. Then get the manufacturers tool for their website. Run the tool to see what condition the hard drive is in then either go through the warranty process if it still has one or get a new hard drive. If it's good then you could go all out and try making some sort of sound dampening enclosure for it or get a new one.

How old is the drive? Take 'kraven's advice asap. I've heard drives start making loud noises before they die. Your drive heads are probably bad...

I tried installing this driver for a scanner but it didnt work for some reason, it unpacked and nothing happened and my hard drive just will not stop making loading like noises even an hour after this happened. WHat should I do?

Let me guess, it's Western Digital. Their HDDs have a tendency to have loud seeking.

*Especially when also using Windows Vista.

But if an application stopped responding and the HDD repeats the same noise, it's time to chuck it!

Back