• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Final choice between core-contact and Mugen 2 for X3 720...help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

shaolin95

Hi!
I am ordering tonight and my choice comes down to Sunbeam Core-Contact and the Scythe Ninja.
The HDT cooler seem to be the new thing out there and based on reviews performance seems great.
Then again, the Mugen 2 has gotten some nice evaluations as well but its a bit too new to find reviews.
Advice needed.

well im stuck between the mugen 2 and the HR-01 plus... i would have to in this case give the nod to the mugen 2.

So the HDT its not an advantage in this case?
I do like how the mugen allows for multiple fans plus I was a big Ninja fan.

i love my ninja rev 1 which is why i was considering the mugen 2 and HR-01 plus. my fans are no directly attached to the HS, i have a fan in the top back and rear. that way i get the rear fan to push air in and the top fan sucks it out. heatpipes in direct contact to the ihs is a good thing but still the rest of the HS design needs to be looked at/considered. i looked at it when it came out i didnt like the design. really after considering the case my i7 rig is going into the mugen 2 is the hs for me. more surface area then the HR-01 plus, then there is the fact the case im getting has 2 top 140mm or 120mm fans spots. then i'm going to try to make a "tunnel" from the rear 120mm fan spot to route air thru the hs to the top two fan spots... will be the top two sucking air out and no fan in the back. the two fans alone would be more then enough to do what im trying to achieve.

i say the hs fits depending on the case your going to use...

computerbase.de have tested the Mugen 2 and it beats the HDT-S1283 which is practically the same as the Core Contact Freezer. It also beats the TRUE.

Computerbase are genuine. Their HSF tests are incredible and very accurate. (they're no Tom's Hardware ;) )

Look at the charts here:
with included Fan
with their reference Fans

Just look at the charts. No language proficiency needed.

Edit: It beat the IFX 14 in a semi passive (2 case fans) test on some site. Though I can't find the link atm...

It seems the differences between them is not that much but mugen does indeed comes on top so I am going with it. :)

Back