• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Crysis WARHEAD Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Theocnoob

Bought it this morning. Don't know why.

Anyways. They should've called it Crysis Blackhead, because you want to squeeze it out into a cleenex and flush it down the toilet.

The graphics are a little more tweaked and overall a little better... but there's something lame about playing a british guy.

Also, it's much shorter, generally a lot less imaginative in every possible way, so without me listing them all, think of a way something could be less imaginative than something else, and pretend you asked. Yes. That too.

Where Crysis only really did environments the engine could make look pretty, this does whatever environment the crazy people at Crytek could think of- including the first level- which for some reason just doesn't feel as realistic as Crysis. Infact nothing here feels as realistic for some reason. Its just kind of sloppy.

Also, I keep getting killed by wood, random lightweight items, etc.

At one point I ran in speed mode through some crates. They collapsed and I died.

At one point you meet one of your squad mates. He's behind a car on a ledge and he says up here. I look up and he pushes the car onto me. Idiotic.

Just constant constant death by glitching.

I really didn't like Crysis blackhead.:santa:

:shrug: personally much preferred playing as Psycho, as he at least has character. "I'm British, you muppet." Gotta love British idioms.

Shame you didn't enjoy it, however.

I think the crysis games are a basically a benchmark. It was fun playing through the first, but it didnt keep my interest enough to try warhead.

Warhead had more polished graphics and a better framerate however the texture detail was noticably lower on most objects, especially the environment. Whether this was an artistic decision or a technical means of getting better performance I don't know. I thought the character interaction was way better than the original, but the end was a real let down.

btw, warhead is an EXPANSION. It may be a standalone product but it is still an expansion to the game. The fact that it lasts nearly as long as the original is not something you can try to downplay. It's not a sequel, it's an expansion, and rarely do expansions last anywhere close to what the orignal game does.

Back