• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Foxconn A79A-S and Corsair XMS2 2x2GB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cheerful

Registered
Have not built a system in years. Is there any compatibility issue with this combo? Thanks!

CORSAIR XMS2 4GB PC2-6400 DDR2-800 Memory Kit TWIN2X4096-6400C5

I think only Gskill is a problem on that boarD (I have not had a problem though)

If you are getting that board, make sure you are getting a Black Edition CPU though since the setting for HT Link multiplier is broken and there is no ETA on a bios fix for it (I contatced tech support and they directed me to an overclocking website)

Thanks. I am planning on getting the mobo-Phenom X4 940 black combo from newegg.

dont , get asus combo instead , fox bord sucks compared to asus, there is a 50 bucks premium to pay however...

Would you recommend one? I have not followed anything in 3 years. I am not a gamer. Thanks!

Last edited:
ASUS is definitely the choice for a long-term system. :):thup:

I've got several ASUS A8N32 boards coming up on three years of none-stop 24/7 SETI crunching with no issues at all. We're talking over 20,000 hours on my main board down to over 10,000 hours for the "latest" s939 systems. Five A8N32's, all of them still running strong ... :)

Back