• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Original thermal paste?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ChanceCoats123

d20 in a jacket
Well, I pulled off my heatsink to apply the MX-2 I got in the mail, and it pulled my cpu out. ****ed me off because it bent 7 pins on one of the sides. I straightened them out and it booted fine, but I was wondering if anyone knows what the thermal paste is that comes on amd heatsinks?

Well, I pulled off my heatsink to apply the MX-2 I got in the mail, and it pulled my cpu out. ****ed me off because it bent 7 pins on one of the sides. I straightened them out and it booted fine, but I was wondering if anyone knows what the thermal paste is that comes on amd heatsinks?

Not sure and this is probably a stupid question, but was the the CPU locked in the socket correctly?

It's some sort of pad. Why did you want to know? All you need is some rubbing alcohol and an old credit card to remove it :)

if they used paste instead of a pad it's the same crap that you can get at radioshack that's been around since the middle ages, that stuff creates a vacume on the cpu that is way beyond what the cpu lock can hold so most times the chip comes out with the heatsink and if you don't pull it straight out you'll get bent or broken pins everytime.

Yeah, it was locked in right. lol I asked myself that when it pulled out to be truthful. It just makes me mad, seems like another way they get you to buy their products.

Yeah, it was locked in right. lol I asked myself that when it pulled out to be truthful. It just makes me mad, seems like another way they get you to buy their products.
How does that make you buy more of their product? :confused:

I also had this issue when removing my old 3500+ from my 939 rig. It went flying.

I meant that if your cpu was broken you would either buy another cpu from them or buy a new mobo and a new cpu from intel.

i did that to my brothers cpu, scared the hell outta me once i realized the cpu was stuck to the bottom. i think its a pad they use.

Back