• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermaltake Armor LCS and asus striker WC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ronanc

Registered
Hi all,

First let me introduce myself, my name is Ronan and I am from ireland, good to be part of OCF :D

Just wondering can anyone give me any pointers on how to setup the water cooling that comes with this case (thermaltake armor LCS) with the fusion water block on the asus striker2 extreme? i also have the 2 gig OCZ FLEX2 which i want to have looped in the water cooling, so total cpu,mobo,ram to be watercooled, will the thermaltake armor LCS be able to cope with this?

I just want to do it right the first time, i was thinking that if i loop them like this

pump>>cpu>>mobo>>ram>>resovior?

heres my system specs

Thermaltake Armor LCS
Intel Q6600
Asus Striker 2 Extreme
OCZ FLex2 2000mhz
Coolermaster M620 620 watt
Zotac GTX 260
WD Velicraptor 300 gig

Cheers

Thats the way I would loop them. The important part is to not restrict the pump intake. Others may have further input.

:welcome: to the forums.

Thanks for the warm welcome,

when you say resrict the pump intake, what exactly do you mean?

Cheers

Thats the way I would loop them. The important part is to not restrict the pump intake. Others may have further input.

:welcome: to the forums.

i wouldn't water cool your cpu with that kit, i would only water cool the ram and motherboard with it. the reason is when the TT kit dies it won't effect the temps much as the ram and northbridge don't need that much cooling. well the northbridge does but since you want to use the stock block it means it can handle air and liquid.

to sum it up thermaltake is no good with water. you don't need to cool your ram as it will never produce enough heat to cause problems unless you are pushing overclocks to the absolute edge. and even then a fan can fix that.

since your motherboard is built for air or water then you can add it to the loop and not worry about the pump dieing and getting cool water to it. it can survive off air.

i would build a second loop for your cpu if your wanting it water cooling.

and welcome!

If the intake is pulling from a waterblock, it will be choking to pull water in and the efficiency of your pump can be negatively impacted.

So from a loop layout standpoint, thats the main thing to keep in mind. The pump and resevoir is what matters, the rest is mostly interchangeable.

Otherwise, spawn has good input about the quality of the kit your considering using.

Thanks for the reply guys,

I ve finally built the system and just used the included watercooling kit with the armor just to cool the cpu,

at CPU idle in getting a temp of 19/20c with the artic freezer paste,

is this a good idle temp?

my nb temp is around 52c on idle and sb is 57/60c

I might do a test and loop the nb in with the cpu loop and see if the cpu temp goes higher.

cheers

Last edited:
idle means nothing, what are loads? use coretemp or realtemp.

you will have good temps since its a big rad but watch out for the pump dieing.

Back