• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Fry B&M: Intel C2D E8500 + Biostar GF7100P-M7S Mobo $160!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mattspalace

I been Dolk'ed Senior
Ripped from SD: Sale starts today apparently at Fry's B&M - so not available online. CPU could either be a retail box or OEM. Previous deals have seen either type.

$160 for the CPU and the motherboard = good deal yo!

Ripped from SD: Sale starts today apparently at Fry's B&M - so not available online. CPU could either be a retail box or OEM. Previous deals have seen either type.

$160 for the CPU and the motherboard = good deal yo!

$180 here in Texas as well.

-Mike

Wow.....this topic is fast. I just bought a set 4 hours ago at $159.99
For sure I thought I would get an OEM cpu......but I got lucky. Maybe OEMs were sold out during the day and inturn they gave me a retail box.
I got an E8500 E0....... vid: 1.250 is that any good?
Right now I'm heating it up with Linpack for a few hours before going forward.

Wow.....this topic is fast. I just bought a set 4 hours ago at $159.99
For sure I thought I would get an OEM cpu......but I got lucky. Maybe OEMs were sold out during the day and inturn they gave me a retail box.
I got an E8500 E0....... vid: 1.250 is that any good?
Right now I'm heating it up with Linpack for a few hours before going forward.

What Fry's was this? What city? Fry's often has different prices in different markets.

E8500 E0 is very good. C0's are to be avoided. My E8400 E0 appears to be good for 4.377GHz with good air cooling and reasonable voltage.

Prime95 small FFT will heat that chip up better than Linpack.

Start a thread over in CPUs to discuss further.

-Mike

What Fry's was this? What city? Fry's often has different prices in different markets.

E8500 E0 is very good. C0's are to be avoided. My E8400 E0 appears to be good for 4.377GHz with good air cooling and reasonable voltage.

Prime95 small FFT will heat that chip up better than Linpack.

Start a thread over in CPUs to discuss further.

-Mike

Frys in Concord city, California.
I've been at this........... and this is what I got so far pairing with Xigmatek Dark Knight S1283V. Too bad, I only have a spare P35 board. A P45 would have done better.

ou7ip5.jpg
w2niog.jpg
aolyc6.jpg

Frys in Concord city, California.
I've been at this........... and this is what I got so far pairing with Xigmatek Dark Knight S1283V. Too bad, I only have a spare P35 board. A P45 would have done better.

ou7ip5.jpg
w2niog.jpg
aolyc6.jpg

Was this done with the parts from this cyber deal? If so, that's great. But if not, let me know and I will delete your post because this is about a deal from Fry's and not how well your E0 overclocks, strictly speaking. :)

Back