• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with RMclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

uberwoot

So im undervolting my T6400. I got it set in RMclock to 1.000 lowest it will go my cpu has a 1.000 vid.

cpuz reports vcore at 1.113 with the X6 and 10 multi.

Any way i can lower the voltage even more with rmclock? Right now my cpu is prime stable temps are upper 30's to very lower 40's idle about 55-56 load.

It should go lower than 1.000. Are you changing the maximal VID or the minimal VID? The maximal VID you probably want a bit higher so you PC won't crash due to lack of voltage if the CPU has a high load. The minimal VID should go way lower than 1.000. I had an old Athlon XP-M running at 0.900 minimal VID, so a T6400 should be able to go quite a bit lower than that.

I never used RMclock before. Where do i see if its min. or max?

It's been a while since I used it but I think it's in the "General" tab where you set min and max VIDs.

No general tab and i cant seem to find anything for min and max vid

I dont know anything about a min/max vid in rmclock.
Make sure the cpu type is set to mobile under the advanced cpu settings tab. RMclock only lets you lower the voltage to the voltage of the minimum multiplier. For instance, my processors lowest voltage at the 6x multi is .9 volts, so I cant have anything lower then that (I use .9 volts for every multi except 8x).

I dont know anything about a min/max vid in rmclock.
Make sure the cpu type is set to mobile under the advanced cpu settings tab. RMclock only lets you lower the voltage to the voltage of the minimum multiplier. For instance, my processors lowest voltage at the 6x multi is .9 volts, so I cant have anything lower then that (I use .9 volts for every multi except 8x).

I got it set for mobile, Lowest voltage at the 6X multi i can pick is 1.0000 so i got all my voltages set to that. prime stable but i wanna go lower.

unfortunately there is no way to do it with rmclock. there are reg edits you can do to get the other voltages to show up, but it will not change a thing (I know, i've tried).

That sucks. CPUZ is showing it at 1.113 volts, vid is 1.000 i just hate have more voltage than it needs to be stable.

well cpuz could be wrong, or your motherboard overvolts a tad. Either way, its probably better then it was before.

hdd was makeing some funky sounds so i took it back got a new one and woot i got a lower vid.

0.9250 vid. undervolted it cpuz is reporting 1.038 volts. prime stable. Also has a diff. dvd drive in it and some samsung ram

Back