• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best cooler for a PII 940 BE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mr.max-amd

best cooler for a PII 940 BE
whats the best... im open to anything water tec anything

best kind of cooler is Water, unless you want extreme PHASE.

alot of my friends use a 200-500 Watt Peltier TEC, cooled by water with quad radiators.

keeps their CPU's nice and frosty

Your Freezer64pro not treating you well? For air cooling, the top performers include the TRUE (when lapped), Xigmatek 1283, Sunbeam Core Contact.

my freezer 64 lapped ad all had it idle at 48c
unacceptable
the stock unlapped is at
38 idle
getting a new case and a core contact freezer
the case will be an antec twelve hundred

My 940BE loves running under water, but going with a loop that's noticeably better than high end air isn't something you will do cheaply. You are looking at around $200 for a good cpu only loop. But my 940 didn't go over 47C at 3914 yesterday on an OCCT run.

my freezer 64 lapped ad all had it idle at 48c
unacceptable
the stock unlapped is at
38 idle
getting a new case and a core contact freezer
the case will be an antec twelve hundred

ARe you sure that you had the freezer pro mounted solid? Proper thermal paste application?
What were the load temps like? They are really much more important than the idle temps.
You will be happy with the Core Contact anyways, and the Antec 1200 looks really nice. 'Grats :beer:

Yeah I wouldn't be too sure that the Freezer 64 Pro wasn't powerful enough. They are better than the stock cooler by far. Sure you had it lapped right and with proper TIM application? Make sure it's down right because sometimes they can be tricky to mount.

As far as other cooling, I'd recommend a Tuniq Tower 120 or a Thermalright Ultra Extreme. The TRUE is good but you really need to lap it before it works properly.

There is nothing wrong w/ the A/C Freezer Pro 64. I live in SW Florida and put my system together 2 weeks ago, I am running @ 3.35Ghz and the idle temp is 35C, 8C over room temp. Load during benchmark and stress are 50-60C. Sorry about your luck.

im getting a sunbeam core contact freezer i think i messed it up when i lapped the ac 64
im also getting a new case
the collermaster sniper
hoping to lower the ambients there horriby high
90f+

im getting a sunbeam core contact freezer i think i messed it up when i lapped the ac 64
im also getting a new case
the collermaster sniper
hoping to lower the ambients there horriby high
90f+

Let us know how it goes. I'm starting to like cooler master. My next build will be in an ATSC 840. :)

This isn't the right place for the this question but, i've been reading these forums getting ready for my new build and i have been seeing lapped and unlapped what exactly does that mean. I haven't been able to figure it out, you can just send me a link if you know one

lapping is when you use extremely fine grit sandpaper to true the contact surfaces of both the cooler and the processor. This provides for perfectly flat contact and can help with cooling. google a guide. it's fairly easy.

thanks, and i put a cooler master v8 cooler on mine and i haven't seen temps over 35c yet, that was during a benchmark after i oc to 3.4ghz

Back